Map feature for Inline Lists

When I have an inline list and use the Map Feature, I don’t get the ability to have the geolocation button, or the ability to view the pins as a list. Is this able to be added please?

Doesn’t say anything about the location button, but there is a mention about limitations with switching between map and list.

Yes, thanks Jeff. Would love the geolocation button as a start :slight_smile:

We just fixed that actually. I think it should be available to you now

@Jason Is that limitation described anywhere? I was actually building a “floor level in building selector” on the same page as the in-line list showing a map - and I thought that it would be possible to use the switching between map and list. I had so search this forum to find out that is was not possible. Would have been nice to know in advance of setting the page up. I hope you will include this in the documentation :slight_smile:

I will make sure it gets added to the documentation! @JackVaughan will I mean :stuck_out_tongue:

@Jason Cool :slight_smile: Might also be an idea to describe free scheme limitation for a certain functionality along with the functionality. I just found out today that there is a limit of 10 pins on a map in the free scheme. We don’t want Jack to run out of work (@JackVaughan :wink: )

No limit on pins if you use GPS coordinates instead of address.

@Les_Henderson Alright, That is not what is says on https://www.glideapps.com/pro - and the builder told me earlier on that not all info potentially would be shown (I don’t see the message now). I’m using coordinates :slight_smile:

They keep updating the features considered to be pro, but you shouldn’t have an issue with location pins using coordinates if they keep their promise here. Announcing changes to Free and Pro apps

@JackVaughan I really like the new pro promo video. Very nice. Kudos to you and your team. Can’t wait to see the new tab icon selection.

@Krivo I have just updated this. Thanks

@Les_Henderson thanks! It was actually a collaboration with a motion graphics artist. I’m not quite there yet with my AfterEffects skills - but I’m getting there! :wink:

EDIT: I’ve been fiddling around with this today and it looks like a bug. If you choose a written address for the address field (e.g., 247 Commercial St., Provincetown, MA 02657 USA), you don’t get the map toggle. If you specify a geolocation (e.g., 42.0510662,-70.1876217), you don’t get the map toggle. This seems completely counter to the idea of using coordinates to speed lookups.

Original post:

This is still happening, also in the reverse. If you have an inline list set to Map but default to the list view, the interface never shows the map toggle button. Sometimes the map button appears in the layout editor, but it doesn’t always appear on mobile.

You can see it here on my Ptown Dining app, which is a work in progress: https://ptowndining.com - I really want all of the list views to be able to toggle to a map so it’s consistent across the app. (It works fine on the tabs, and works on the “Vegan options” list.)

I’m using the Pro upgrade for this app.

Last I was aware, when viewing an inline list as a map list in a detail view, you cannot have the option to switch between map and list due to limitations.

I have a workarounds here in the food/activities tab. Make sure to make both selections before anything shows up.

Anyone know about limitations on geolocalization for Starter Plan? I know the Free plan have 10 free uses of localization, and PRO plans does not have limitations, but I don’t find limit for Starter Plan.

Juan