Make apps work offline

We’re still waiting!

Hi, for offline form submission, we were using ODK Collect. But since Glide is so cool. we made sure there is internet everywhere in our building so that they can use the app. speaking of ODK, they use the google drive for temporary storage, they only have android apps though. Im not sure how it works but maybe glide can make a way. Go @david !

2 Likes

Hey @david / Glide Team - Bumping up this thread in the May of 2021. Is there any update on if and when can the fellow Glide team can see this magic happen? The app that I am working also relies on offline mode and this was the most asked question during a brainstorming session earlier in the day.

“Will the app work even when there is no cellular(internet) signal?”

Pls Pls Pls

@Shiv it could be close…

Yes but still - No :frowning: My requirement is to write than reading.

In my use-case, If am on the field and taking notes ( geo-tagging & adding images ) on the fly, there should be some way of storing all the data offline in some csv or other format which syncs up to the server once we are back in a proper signal.

The key thing is doing geo-tagging of images while in a region where there is no internet.

If Glide comes up with an innovative way of resolving this then i have a winner :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello everyone, first post here in the Glide community. Reason being, I’ve been diving into Glide’s features and I really prefer it over the no-code app I have been experimenting with: Appsheet. However, the thing that’s keeping me on Appsheet right now is its ability to work offline as a critical feature. We need a particular field service app to have this functionality, else it cannot function properly. We’d 10000% make the switch to Glide if offline functionality was made available. Please make it happen!

@david will you provide an update on the offline functionality. You indicated that it should be live around May 20th 2021 but seems it is postponed.

3 Likes

We will try to release it again next week. We had to turn it off because it didn’t work reliably enough yet.

6 Likes

@david thanks for telling. Is there a limit to how much data could be available offline- fx 2 GB of images - or maybe only 50 MB on iOS

This is really awesome! Coming from country with very poor internet this will be helpful for most cases :pray:

Thanks!

https://community.glideapps.com/t/please-help-us-test-offline-mode/28334

1 Like

We’ve shipped Offline Mode.

11 Likes