Login events are wrongly recorded in a sheet

I was having the same issue, was not fun. Thank you for making this fix a priority!!

Hey Jeff,

Nope. This is logged to whatever sheet I select as my User Profile sheet. I created a separate sheet for now to log the login activity. but it will create an interesting UX when the User name and Avatar image uploaded via the ā€œuserā€ sheet I created is not persistent to the user profile they see in the app when tapping they user name/photo.

1 Like

I am using an app that is using a whitelist and while the restriction to get in only works when they are added the issue is that once they are added then each login is recorded in a column in my main sheet and not requested to be there by me??? I canā€™t seem to find why it is logging their sign in into that column to stop it. It does not appear to hurt the functionality at all but is a bit annoyingā€¦thanks!

Jerry

I have a column with a NAME = FNAME & " " & LNAME (this done in sheet). In the profile section I selected the full name to bind with the NAME column. Yesterday with some new users to my app it Glide added the name in the NAME column. But only for a few users.
Obviously this broke the Arrayformula so I made a second one that I donā€™t care about if itā€™s destroyed.

ā€“> Anyone have similar behaviour? Is that designed? If so, when? When does glide write the full name from profile to the sheet?

You most likely have User Profiles set up in your app.

Hereā€™s more info. You can unset the user profile sheet if you donā€™t plan to use it

https://docs.glideapps.com/all/reference/privacy-and-per-user-data/user-profiles

1 Like

Yeah but when is the NAME value written by glide? Because it only happend with 3 of my users. out of 100. Soooo,ā€¦ I just want to know what triggers Glide to enter the value in the Sheet.

Comments and chat require you to enter a name. Thatā€™s probably when itā€™s written.

1 Like

You were correct! Thanks.

1 Like