Is there any way to turn off the ALL | FAVORITES buttons at the top of a list view?

I’m trying to figure out if there is a way to turn off the Favorites bar on list views of content within my app. We are utilizing “Is Favorite” by linking it both to the check value within an inline list as well as the Switch component. If you futz around with things and change they layout, it gives the impression that the buttons will not be there. However, it seems that at some point, they reappear.

Link to app: bdajv.glideapp.io
Image below. You will see there is a search bar, but no ALL | FAVORITES buttons (which is what is desired). At some point, however, they will appear (this has been happening on a number of different apps).

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 9.54.35 PM

Go into the details view of those items and make sure there is no “is favorite?” component visible. If it is, delete it.

Thanks, Robert. Yes, this would definitely eliminate the appearance of the ALL | FAVORITES buttons on my index view of content. The problem is, if you don’t have “is favorite” somewhere within the app (I have it as a hidden component), what value would you link the checkbox and switch components to have a visible indicator for the user it’s been completed a particular activity? (And for which completion is USER-specific…if the check component is not connected to “Is favorited”, it adds a value to whatever column it’s connected to within the master Google Sheet and the check therefore appears on all users’ apps, which is not wanted.)

I’m not entirely sure what the Is Favorite column is supposed to be used for, unless it’s supposed to indicate that someone set an item as their favorite using the favorite component.

I would advise against using the ‘is favorite’ column and instead create a new boolean column in the glide data viewer and set it to ‘user specific’ Then use that column for your switch and checkbox.

Cria uma nova folha e filtra as informações true

This worked! Always something new to discover in here!!! Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like