Is there a way to upload files > 10MB using glide to an external service?

Pro apps do allow for 1Gb uploads.

1 Like

Wow! Thatā€™s very nice to know.

I still had some concerns over the 10GB cap though:

1. What will happen after the cloud cap of 10 GB is reached? Will the users still be able to upload files?
  2. Can I pull the files from glide and store it on S3?

Regards,

Tanul

I donā€™t know if anybody has hit the cap or if itā€™s strongly enforced. It is my understanding though that when a url for an image is removed from the sheet, itā€™s supposed to be deleted from storage within 30 days. Again, not sure how well thatā€™s enforced yet.

Iā€™m sure you could find or write a process or a script to take the existing urls, process through them to download and then upload to S3. Then take the resulting URL and update the sheet. Probably a bit of an undertaking, but most likely possible.

The alternative would be to have the users directly upload to S3 through a third party site in a webview, and through some magic, possibly through zapier or integromat, have the urls for the uploaded images inserted into the sheet. @Krivo has some write-ups on the work he has done to try to accomplish this by uploading externally to Cloudinary.

2 Likes

Got it. Iā€™m thinking of going with the direct upload to S3 using webview approach. Thanks a lot for the help Jeff!

1 Like

Jeff,
Can I ask what the Node.js code looks like for the upload to Cloudinary please ?
As this is a bit I am new to

Many Thanks

Rob

Iā€™m not sure what you are referring to, but I donā€™t have any code to handle anything like that.

Jeff,
Ok thanks I have worked out what I needed thankyou

Regards

Rob

1 Like

I would still like to know if your users uploaded files over the 10gb is there an external cloud space or disk space where your glide app can redirect that memory. Like if i made a YouTube type app which would be well over 10gb would i be able to connect my glide app somewhere else to save that data?

I havenā€™t heard of that, and Iā€™m not sure if they hard enforce the 10GB limit now.