Is there a limit for displaying locations in the map's component?

Hello Gliders,

I love the map component but I noticed that when I add more than 7 locations in the database it doesn’t show more than 7 pin points on the map. Is there a limitation on how many addresses can be displayed with the free version? Do I need to upgrade my plan to show more than 7 places?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Shouldn’t be a limitation. or are you limiting the number of items on the map?

Do you have any filters set on the map?

Or are you limiting the number of items on the map?

Thanks Jeff, nope. I don’t have any limitations checked and filters on…

If you click on the Data button in the lower left corner of the screen while the map is selected, how many rows do you see? Do you have Row Owners applied in your table?

I have 10 rows in the database but I only see 7 pin points. I don’t have row owners applied

OK. Then it’s probably one of two issues.

• Some of the pins could be right on top of each other. If you zoom all the way in, do you see them?
  • Or, maybe it’s having trouble geocoding 3 of the addresses. Coordinates are usually better and more accurate than addresses. If it’s not the first issue, can you notice anything with the addresses for the 3 rows that don’t work that would maybe cause a pin to not be found?
1 Like

ok Jef thank you for the tips:

• I clearly don’t see some addresses on the map even if I zoom in
  • I tried to format each of the addresses hidden in the way of the addresses that are well displayed with no success

If I try to use the coordinates can I copy and past them in the text column of the addresses or do I need a specific separate property?

You can paste the coordinates in the same address column. Would you be willing to share one of the addresses that doesn’t work?

Ok, I give it a try!

Yes, sure:

• Via Serraglio, 20B, 40026 Imola BO
  • Strada Statale Porrettana, 4442, 40033 Casalecchio di Reno BO
  • Via Giacomo Matteotti, 10, 40129 Bologna BO

It worked using the coordinates from Google Maps! Thanks Jeff :pray:

1 Like

This is what I got using the addresses you provided above. They look like they might be correct.

Thinking about it some more, I do remember there used to be a 10 address limit on free plans. I don’t know if that is still the case since that was a long time ago, but maybe there is some sort of limit kicking in. Behind the scenes, those addresses are still getting converted to coordinates, so there is a small cost to Glide for that conversion to happen, and because of that they had limited the pins on free apps to only 10. Maybe it’s still the case. Not sure why you only got 7 instead of 10. The workaround was always to use coordinates because then the addresses don’t need to be geocoded into coordinates. Hope that makes sense.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.