Is it possible to add more event listener?

Is it possible to add more event listener in function.js?
Or, looking in driver.js, the event to listen is limited to ‘message’ ?

I didn’t succeed by trying, I assume it is not possible for security/integrity reasons or other reasons I can’t imagine now.
If someone confirms to me that it cannot be done, I will not waste any more time on this topic. :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks!

1 Like

I have had a dev guy build a service for me in Google PubSub (took him a couple of days to get his head round things). I will implement is across my app this week :slight_smile:

Hello Google Cloud Pubsub

2 Likes

Hello @Roldy
Just by curiosity,
what type do you want to add a “window.addEventListener”

1 Like

As far as I have seen, you are an ace at javascript, so if it were possible to inject some more code
you know that countless things could be done, limited only by imagination.

Se we can make a Super Invader of course! :joy:

Jokes aside. For example, if it were possible to handle mouse events, I believe that a further very interesting level of interactivity could be achieved in Glide.

1 Like

Hi @Roldy
Uhmmm not an ace!

I think it’s possible to callback events (like mouse) but the YC column doesn’t update automatically (well for now!), So you won’t get the result.

But normally mouse events are more associated with a DOM element rather than Windows.

I love this game, I spent hours playing instead of going to class :wink:
But before you can do it under Glide, uhmm it’s more of a dream.

1 Like

It’s all @Uzo 's guilt! :rofl: because in one of his posts I read that he wanted to retrieve the coordinates of the mouse.

I agree @Manu.n
Thanks

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll definitely check it out because it’s very interesting.
However, I was currently only researching the javascript capabilities of the experimental code column.

1 Like

@Roldy Thin as I do now to work with this game :slight_smile:

And in Glide :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

10 Likes

VA72

3 Likes

:scream::scream::scream::scream:

1 Like

Sky is the limit.

2 Likes

:star_struck: :star_struck: :space_invader: :space_invader: :heartpulse: :heartpulse: :heartpulse: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Fantastic woow. Is there a way to place a map of google maps and that the pointer can be moved and where to take that direction?

Something like how applications like Uber work.

@Manu.n

1 Like

Hello @Francisco_Maldonado here is already an integration of a Google Map in glide.

To be clear, the game has no connection with a YC column. It’s just for fun.

2 Likes

Yes, I have it applied. But that integration detects coordinates when one autocompletes a written address. What I am looking to know is if it is possible with the new Experimental Code to interact with the map and obtain the address of a specific point, without having to write anything.

@Manu.n

Not to my knowledge, sorry.

1 Like

Quiet, thank you very much, I understand.

@Manu.n

1 Like

I have done something close to that in a recent app. I hope I will have time to do a how-to post this weekend.

I had inputs as starting point and ending point, then I can show the journey of the user in Map view/Street view. Is that what you want?

3 Likes

Hi @ThinhDinh . I currently have an app that works exactly that way. But the point of departure and arrival is written in a text entry or I use the current location of the user and show the route on an embedded map of google maps, distance etc.

What I am looking for right now is to be able to show a Google Maps map embedded in Glide and that the pointer is manipulable, so when the user selects a point on the map to be able to take that coordinate. So the user can select the starting and ending point faster without typing.

This is how a transport app like Uber works. I do not know if I explained well.

If so, do you think that with the new Experimental Code it is possible?

2 Likes

As far as I know there is no outsourced service in Google Maps that allows you to detect the coordinates with a click of the mouse.
I mean “outsourced”, in the sense that you can recover that data with javascript.
If it existed then there would be the problem of injecting the right javascript code to do it in Glide and interacting outside the embedded object in the page.
I see it very hard …

2 Likes