Installing Apps need Offline features?

My app’s URL: https://go.glideapps.com/support/fd560469-0553-4299-9a66-968966af9e49

I’ve recently had a ton of customer complaints on the install process and how it’s crazy difficult.

I read an article that Google is going to stop showing the install buttons if there are no offline features?

Is this why I’m fielding 5+ support tickets a day that they can’t get the app installed?

Sorry, what steps specifically are they referring to? Add to Home Screen? Sign in? Is this Android-specific?

Thanks for supplying that article @TGensler

Definitely good to know!

First time they open that app there’s a big message saying “do you wanna add … to your home screen?” That’s hard to miss I think…press accept and it’s done. Way easier than going to Apple Store or Google play

2 Likes

But do you want every app to your homescreen the first time you open an app? I first want to try it and when I like it I want that. In my experience all is good on iPhone with Safari but not so much with Chrome.

From what I’m hearing the main issues are Apple and Desktop.
I don’t think I have had a single issue with an android user.

And in my instructions I have it bolded that they have to use Safari in Apple devices but it seems they gloss right over that part.

As for desktop I feel like the main thing is people log in thinking they are installing and do not understand what is going on as I don’t think there is a pop up for desktop users.

But the main reason for the OP was to see if there has been an uptick due to Google wanting offline modes?

I was trying to figure out how to install an APK on the playstore for the PWA and saw somewhere else they want an offline mode. So I assume this is going to become more common.

Thoughts?