Inline List Edit Changes All Lists

What she is having an issue with, is not an issue with having an independent view for each list item, but rather, changing the style of the list viewed when clicking on ‘See All’. It changes the style for all separate lists that are contained in the same detail style screen. It’s the style selected in ‘See All’ that seems to change for all lists on the screen when you change one of them. It’s a separate issue that has nothing to do with setting independent screen configuration for each individual list item. Independent screen configuration is only condusive to a list that has a hard set number of rows. Here we are taking about a dynamic list of businesses that can grow and change, so it’s not possible to set independent screen configurations for each and every business. In this case, those businesses are contained in multiple filtered lists on the same screen. It’s the list view style in the ‘See All’ that can’t be independently set differently from one inline list to the next inline list.

3 Likes

The only solution I can think of is this copy over the rows which fit the criteria onto another sheet. Is there a formula (I’m guessing this time will have to be within excel) if a row has ‘Yes’ for a specific column it gets copied over to another sheet, which all changes to that row on the first sheet being reflected on this new one?

You can use a formula like this in a new sheet to duplicate the data.
={'SheetName'!A:Z}

Thanks! Do you know if this can be done in Glide Data Editor? There are a few glide made columns in there as well.

Unfortunately no. You can only duplicate it in the Google sheet.

1 Like

I have used this formula before: =importrange(“URL”,“By Neighborhood!E1:L”)

Do you happen to know how I can only copy over rows that have certain criteria? Ex. the words ‘Yes’ in a specific column.

You can use a QUERY formula to filter certain data from another sheet.

1 Like

Ok, got that part! Thank you! Now since the Original Glide Sheet has a few glide made formulas, they are not showing up in this new imported sheet. For the action of the inline list I put link to the original sheet, thinking it will pull all the glide columns from that sheet but when I click on them from the inline list, its not corresponding with the business, but rather pulling the first business in the original sheet. Is there a filter I have to set up? I don’t see one for the inline list.

Almost there! Trying to get this up and running soon.

Is you Link to Screen using a relation? You should be using a relation to link the copied sheet to your original sheet so it links to the correct row.

1 Like

I ended up making a new sheet which copies over the rows which fall into that specific category. I.E. Column for that row has a ‘Yes’.

1 Like

I wondered if anyone found another workaround or the only way is copying data?

Struggled with this issue a few times, as often that I wish three was a feature to create multiple configurations.