In-app chat

it is nice great I can copy…

@Jeff_Hager Yep…copied without issue.

1 Like

hey I’m struggling to figure out few things!
first, to upload a video on the App I am making I put the link in the google sheet first and then it shows up as a video in the app. the problem is in the app, how can a new user upload a short video if he wants to?
second I realized the telephone and email address don’t allow people to directly send messages by clicking on them. is there a way to do it or they will just appear as informations for the public?

It’s all about using the right components. Make sure you’re using email components for an email value. Likewise for phone number. Don’t simply use basic/rich text. For the video uploads, add a file upload component.

Be aware the videos, even short ones are very large and will almost always exceed the 10meg file limit of Glide. For all practical purposes uploading videos via a file upload component is very limited because of the size limitations.

that’s what I did but the file picker doesn’t work(well it doesn’t upload). I realized when I add a link on the google sheet, I then go back to the app, the video plays only when it’s the video component in the items instead of the file picker. when I switch to file picker, the video stops working. Also I have question about your video sample about the private messaging. can 2 users communicate privately or the private conversation is only with the user and the admin?

I get that but I have a feeling when it is through the link on the google sheet instead of an upload, it will play the video without taking any space or exceeding any file limit.

The way I built it, it’s with the admin, but I’m working on a concept where it’s with any user…stay tuned.

Your feeling is fact. That is the way it works.

:slight_smile:

https://xyzparlour.glideapp.io/
hi can you help me i had made a appointment app in have placed a form button to take a appointment i want that form details to send to email automated to client

i wouldn’t be a good source for handling notifications or emails as I’ve never set anything up like that. There are several posts in the form regarding different methods. I went ahead and did a search for you and found a few threads that mention notifications and emails.

Thank you so much sir

1 Like

You want to send an email, would something like this works? Not talking about the image, the text only should be easy to setup.

who here has the solution?

You want to talk about the original topic, which is in-app chat, or the email automation?

in app chat solution

You can try this solution by Lisa.

Or maybe integrating this.

3 Likes

I should make a video on how I made my chat app…but you can find it here. Developed this about 5 months ago:

https://www.glideapps.com/templates/GgjCXWmFRfjKpCG3Fs9j-template

Test it out here:

2 Likes

Though your instructions are quite clear it’s easier to begin with a template, so I’ll use your template as base to build my own chat app.
Thank you for your job

1 Like