In-app chat

Thank you so much sir

1 Like

You want to send an email, would something like this works? Not talking about the image, the text only should be easy to setup.

who here has the solution?

You want to talk about the original topic, which is in-app chat, or the email automation?

in app chat solution

You can try this solution by Lisa.

Or maybe integrating this.

3 Likes

I should make a video on how I made my chat appā€¦but you can find it here. Developed this about 5 months ago:

https://www.glideapps.com/templates/GgjCXWmFRfjKpCG3Fs9j-template

Test it out here:

2 Likes

Though your instructions are quite clear itā€™s easier to begin with a template, so Iā€™ll use your template as base to build my own chat app.
Thank you for your job

1 Like

Looks great Robert.
Just to double check:

• This can be integrated into any existing Glide app, i.e. not standalone app.
  • Can it be made into a floating button rather than nav bar item (similar to the + icon) ? Reason being, running out of space in nav bar.
  • Does the each conversation count against the 25,000 data row limit?
  • How dynamic is the ability to connect with users? We are creating a marketplace app we want customers to be able to chat with sellers and people will be coming on as they sign up.
    Thanks!

Yes thatā€™s true.

As itā€™s utilizing the comments, thatā€™s a no.

As long as you have the right flow this will be scalable in my opinion.

Many thanks!

1.) Yes, my template is standalone, but it can be replicated into any appā€¦Iā€™ve done it myself several times.
2.) Nope. Glide doesnā€™t offer this UI
3.) Each conversation, yes. Each post within a conversation, no.
4.) Surely can be dynamic based on your visibility settings.

Thanks Robert for that information!

So Iā€™m making an app from the instagram template so my friends and I can communicate, and iā€™m trying to make a part where you can chat individually with a person and can switch between people and can see a list of their names. How would I do this?

hey @Kofi_Hair-Ralston

Take a look at this ā€œinstagramā€ that I have been playing with

It has the in-app chat and a way to send images through the chat. Only problem, when you have an array of pics it sonly sends the 1st one. I am trying to come up with a wat to send the one that it is selected or the whole array.

I hope this helps.