How to round to number?

Hi, I need to round two numbers and then add them together.
I read several articles in the forum but I can’t find any solution, is there currently?

You can use rounding in Numbers column inside the Glide Editor, then use a Math column to add them together.

1 Like

yes, but the problem is that it shows the rounded number but when I need to do mathematical operations I don’t get the same result, specifically I need to add two numbers with decimals, which I must round, add them, and to that sum divide it by 3/8, as I cannot (or I don’t know how to) rounding the problem is that the final number if I always get the same when adding the two numbers with decimals, doing the math and rounding off the final number.

Move the rounded values to template columns. Then use the template columns in the math formula.

4 Likes

This is correct. Often i’ll need to convert math columns to templates in order to get a string value of the number before adding them together. I mention this in a recent post:

5 Likes

Thanks !!

1 Like

Thanks so much! totally worked, hope they implement a solution soon

1 Like

One of the issues here is that you can not limit the number entry to the number of decimal places you allow in the sheet. Take the example of entering hours, minutes, seconds. I do not want to allow the hours or minutes to have a decimal place but seconds have. In the number entry I can not limit the number of decimals. So if the user enters 2.6 minutes when I figure out the seconds that is it comes out incorrect. Man it would be better if they did all the math in real numbers and limited the input and gave me a round function for when I want an integer.

Ok, I understand the decimal issue with user input, but there are round, trunc, and other functions to trim off any decimals. Just wasn’t sure you were aware based on your last statement.

Thanks. I was aware.

1 Like