How-To: Custom Rating Component

:wave: Hey all!

I know Glide came out with their own Ratings component, but it doesn’t Roll up averages over user specific columns.

I managed to come up with a custom-built solution that’s an improvement to a simple drop down menu of ratings.

Here’s how:

If you’d like to play around with an example, visit my Experiments app and visit the Ratings tab:

16 Likes

As always @Robert_Petitto and its surprising innovations!

I liked it, mainly because it shows the number of stars per user in the list.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Great job! Love it!

1 Like

You have shared you whole showroom with us…like Jeffs concepts…!

Great! :upside_down_face: :grinning: :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Yes…lots of random things scattered in there. Be careful where you step lol

2 Likes

Tx copied it…I am sure I will learn a lot from your experiments app. So we now have two glide guides. Concepts and Experiments!

Robert…all this hard work we all put into developing booking apps etc…then i clicked on calendly and you there with a calendar and book me, I guess we dont need to work hard anymore…just create google form, including carts, set up payment, and set the form to webview. :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

@Robert_Petitto . :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2:
You always surprise with new ideas and adaptations. You are a great inspiration for me !!
Thank you
Dario

3 Likes

Well done as usual! Thanks for sharing :clap:

2 Likes

Thanks, @Robert! I appreciate you, Sir!

1 Like

Hey @Robert_Petitto

My choice component keeps disappearing after tapped.

Video to explain better.

Thanks!

This was happening to another user as well. Make sure all your columns are text columns and not emoji columns.

They are text columns. The emoji comes from and If-then-else that I created because for some reason templates, or at least on my end, are not reading lookups anymore. If that’s what you meant.

Hm. Might need to take a look at it. I know that the issue with the other user is that his rating column that was the desitination column for the star rating was a glide emoji column and not a glide basic column. Not sure what else the issue could be without seeing.

1 Like

Hey @Robert_Petitto

I made a video showing you what I have.

At a glance, it looks right…can you make your app copyable so I can take a deeper look?

Sure!

Here’s the link https://disastrous-trucks-4567.glideapp.io/

Best way to get there is scroll down to “Supermercados” and tap the one market that’s there.

Weird. Not sure what the issue is, but here’s the workaround: https://www.loom.com/share/a23f2ff89bf049068f4edab316bf0146

1 Like

Thanks man!

It may be that I used the PC and iPad to created. No idea. Thanks a lot for the workaround.

Actually, though, now that the rating component can be placed in a form, it’s a heckuva lot easier create ratings:

No array column needed.

6 Likes