How-To: Custom Rating Component

Prettty neat that. Very useful, thanks :pray:

Hey @Robert_Petitto, thanks for this tutorial. It is very interesting and helped me a lot! I have just one question still outstanding (maybe as I am pretty new on Glide and don’t know how to code). During the video you ask to convert a rounded number into a string thanks to a template column. I am clueless to do that. Can you please elaborate ?
Thanks
Fred

In the math column, you round up the number up until how many decimals you like, then make a template column pointing to the math column to “lock” the format in, then you’re good to go.

2 Likes

:exploding_head: thanks for your help @ThinhDinh … It was really easy indeed but I had no clue that it was possible and so… looked for complicated solutions and failed!

1 Like

Do tell us if you need more help my friend, have a nice day!

1 Like

Ghosh! this is the one I was looking for.

@Robert_Petitto was there any particular reason why you did not use say a rating from 1-5 wrapped in an ITE so that if rating received equals 1, then 1 star, and so forth. I did not have to use any choice components; just one of the Glide 1-5 star ratings. My use case is different and serves my purpose, but just wanted to know since your example avoided USC.

This was an older post—at the time the rating component didn’t work in forms nor did it allow for a display value apart from from the choice value. I only use this method now when creating dynamic choice components based off a relation/

1 Like

Got it ! Thanks.