How-To: Custom Rating Component

Prettty neat that. Very useful, thanks :pray:

Hey @Robert_Petitto, thanks for this tutorial. It is very interesting and helped me a lot! I have just one question still outstanding (maybe as I am pretty new on Glide and don’t know how to code). During the video you ask to convert a rounded number into a string thanks to a template column. I am clueless to do that. Can you please elaborate ?
Thanks
Fred

In the math column, you round up the number up until how many decimals you like, then make a template column pointing to the math column to “lock” the format in, then you’re good to go.

2 Likes

:exploding_head: thanks for your help @ThinhDinh … It was really easy indeed but I had no clue that it was possible and so… looked for complicated solutions and failed!

1 Like

Do tell us if you need more help my friend, have a nice day!

1 Like

Ghosh! this is the one I was looking for.

@Robert_Petitto was there any particular reason why you did not use say a rating from 1-5 wrapped in an ITE so that if rating received equals 1, then 1 star, and so forth. I did not have to use any choice components; just one of the Glide 1-5 star ratings. My use case is different and serves my purpose, but just wanted to know since your example avoided USC.

This was an older post—at the time the rating component didn’t work in forms nor did it allow for a display value apart from from the choice value. I only use this method now when creating dynamic choice components based off a relation/

1 Like

Got it ! Thanks.

I’m new to Glide and might be in over my head but I’ve attempted to replicate the roll up averages. I have 17 development options that I want to show roll up ratings on, and noticed that the rating I give to one type of option, ends up showing up as the rating for not just that option but for the 16 other options on my list. Is there something obvious I missed?

Here’s a screenshot of my data that I tried to follow your tutorial with

What are you using for the relation to the ratings sheet?

Thanks for your reply! I hope I’m able to answer your question correctly, still very much getting my bearings on everything…

I have a “Reviews” tab that I populated the submitted ratings with, and then used that column to relate to the Ratings column I created in my “Resources” tab (attempting to follow Robert’s tutorial). My “Options List” tab has a relation column where I tried to pull in the ratings from the “Reviews” tab to then generate the rollup rating display. For what it’s worth, below is a screenshot of my “Reviews” tab that I have related as a column in my “Options List” tab

So you’re linking the two sheets using the scenario option column, is that correct?

Can you tell me where it doesn’t work as expected?

That’s correct. The part that doesn’t seem to be working is that the star ratings that are submitted across different types of scenario options are all being averaged together- I was hoping/expecting that the star ratings submitted for one type of scenario would be averaged and separate from star ratings for another type of scenario option.

Is this where creating a UUID (attached to each scenario option) would help?

Are you rolling things up on the relation you created? (The AvgRating column)

You can roll up relations, but no User Specific data - correct?

1 Like

Correct.

1 Like

:ok_hand:t2: Thanks!

well-crafted!