How to limit new comments to within a time period?

For an events app, can I limit the comments to within say N number of days after the event? So while the comments are still visible, new comments cannot be added after the Nth day.

1 Like

Yes of course. You’ve to know the use of the Math Column; math can work with date too.
So in the math column you can calculate the Nth day and then, thanks to an If Then Else Column, you can check.

Well, I don’t think that would work with a comments component since comments are handled internally. At most you could hide the comments component, but then you wouldn’t see any existing comments.

The only options I can think of would be to build your own comments system, which would eat up rows, or if it’s a google sheet based app, then duplicate the app:comments sheet and display them as a list in the app. But that would also eat up rows.

1 Like

Would be good to have an “accepting comments” checkbox.
Right now comments can be entered by anyone using an email. This could potentially be abused by a bot. Wondering if there is an additional layers like captcha.

Unless, internally the glide infra already implements some type of session rate limiter.

1 Like

I think the comments component is pretty basic in it’s current form. Basically what you see is what it is.

I’m sorry @nrajesh , I didn’t understand you were referring to using the comments component.
:upside_down_face:

1 Like