How to get values from previous screens to form?

Hi,

I have the following Google Sheet set up;

A. Doctors
B. Dates in the current month.
C. Timeslots (for appointments)
D. Booked Slots

In my app I have the screens set up as follows;

1. Doctor screen (inline list)
  2. Clicking on #1 takes user to detail screen with Inline list of the Dates in the current month.
  3. Click on #2 takes user to detail screen with the Inline list of Timeslots.
  4. Clicking on #3 takes user to form which will create a Booking in Booked Slots sheet. For this booking I want the parameters from DoctorID, Date, Start Time to be available. However, I’m unable to get Date in the screen columns only Start Time & Date.

As I understand, there’s no relation or such so makes sense that Date is not available, however would help if the parameter I clicked on was available in the next screen.

Or do I have any other options?

Some screenshots…

Screen for #2

Screen for #3

Screen for #4

I’m trying to avoid creating a flat data structure with all possible booking slots, hence this structure.

Thanks!

What I would recommend is adding the data you’d like to show to your “user access” tab instead of the booked slots sheet.

Then you could use the following…date is > user > booked date.

1 Like

Not sure I understood… Are you suggesting that I should make the sheet for the form to be the Doctors sheet? Not sure how that would work.

I guess what I’m suggesting is let’s figure out a way to get the booked slots into the user access tab.

What if you created a relation from the User Access tab to the Booked slots tab. Then you could use some lookup columns to bring in the relevant data. Now we could use these new lookup columns throughout the app (even when a relation for the given screen is not present)

Note: In a form you would add the component from “user profile columns”

Perhaps this post on creating clearable hint text could be of some inspiration to you.

1 Like

I assume somewhere in the flow you can create a relation in the sheet to link back to the signed-in user’s row in the user profiles sheet (create a template column with the signed in email, and then a relation).

Use a set column action to write the value you want back to a column in the User Profiles sheet to know what record the user is viewing, then use that in the form.

1 Like

Ah okay… I should have been more specific… This is a public app. There are no user profiles, so unable to use User Profile sheet to hold temp values.

1 Like

You can still create user-specific columns, if there’s no user profiles sheet then write it to the Sheet where you initiate the form.