How do I hide/remove/delete a tab?

First let me say that I love this app. I would however like to delete a tab showing all products when I prefer to limit it to subcategories. I just can’t figure out how to actually delete or remove a tab. I have done searches here and on Google to no avail. Surely this is so simple that I must be blind.

1 Like

Drag it to the Hidden section in the Tabs settings.

Glad you like Glide!

1 Like

Okay, now I am wondering why my tabs don’t show up on the screens that connect directly from the main menu. I’d sort of like them to be persistent on any page, or have the option to show them.

This is a design decision we will revisit. We followed a precedent on Android but even we find it confusing.

1 Like

I’ll get creative and find a workaround but it does seem strange that I need to hit a back button on a page with no tabs to make the tabs appear for the first time.

“For the first time” — what do you mean by this? Is your app opening to a menu tab on launch? If so, that’s a bug.

I open the app using Products menu item. A Products screen appears which has no Tabs at bottom. I click on Back and am presented with a screen that has the Tabs.

Speaking of potential bugs, I notice that images are being shown below the top search area as a transparency bleed through. Hard to explain other than by showing.

Notice how the orange colour of the item in the image is appearing under the search item area. Not a big deal until it is so you may wish to alter the boundaries of each component.

Yes, that is not technically a bug, but is something we are reconsidering.

That’s also intentional. We appreciate the reports but please keep this topic focused on ‘How do I hide/remove/delete a tab?’

Will do. Just overwhelmed at the moment with all of your app’s greatness.

1 Like

Hiding tabs is okay, but it would be nice to actually be able to delete them too. I made some design decisions after getting more familiar with how Glide works and now want to get the redundant tabs off my list. (Same applies for menus.)

You can delete tabs from the upper left tab panel if you right click on a tab. Are you saying that it’s not working?

You’re right, somehow I missed that. It works fine. Thanks

1 Like

I can not find the “Hidden Tabs” option.
Where is it?
Is it possible to hide the menu?

You can hide tabs by selecting the hide/show icon

The hamburger menu itself is a container for tabs and a little different. If you don’t want it to show, I believe you have to hide all tabs in the menu and make sure your app is public only. If you are willing to play with CSS, you may be able to get the menu to hide is some cases.

Hello @Jeff_Hager . Thanks for the reply.
I tried that too, but the problem is that i can go to the specific tab when it is hidden.
in the MENU, it still shows on the screen even if you hide all tabs.
Any work around it?

Do you require users to sign in, or do you have user profiles enabled?

this app is only for one admin only.
Only enabled for one user e email as login.
also Public too.
The problem i am facing is not been able to hide the tabs, and still able to navigate to the tabs i need.

So you have visible tabs in the menu, but you don’t want to see the menu? That would definitely take some CSS to hide. I’m sure I’ve seen some somewhere in the forum, but I would have to look for it.

In all honesty, if you want an interface without tabs, I would probably use a Link to Screen action and build your screens on that Link to Screen view instead of a Navigate to Tab action that points to a tab. A tab has to be visible and accessible to be able to navigate to it. You can add all of your tabs to the menu and hide the menu with CSS, but all of your tabs would then need to have the Details layout so you can add the CSS in a Rich Text component on every screen. Also, it may or may not make your navigation a bit unusual, but it’s hard to say for sure.

1 Like