HELP! - Login page gone when I transferred app to new team

I have a setup like ThinDinh suggests in this post for my app:

But for some reason its stopped working since I launched my app. I think it may have all gone wrong when I transferred the app to a new team??

The page I had set up for login now the content of the first page of the app and the login page has disappeared. So users just open the app and there is no login at all, it opens on the first page. Other pages that have their visibility set to only show when “copy check equals 1” are not visible.

I have built the app as a database of info about the not for profit organisation that I volunteer for. It is only to be shared with other volunteers. So I’m obviously trying to avoid a paid solution.

We are happy to have a setup where we share a public link to the app and access that app using one common username and password. Our plan is to change the username and password each week.

Originally I set this up with the help of another user on the glide forum, but now it’s broken and I can’t find out who that user was - I didn’t keep their details. I’ve been trying for hours to work out what’s gone wrong and I can’t figure it out. This is all pretty new to me and I still have heaps to learn.

Would anyone please be able to help me find out what has gone wrong with my app and how to fix it? I would really appreciate your help.

Can you have some screenshots on how you’re setting those relevant parts?

Again, like my post stated back then, there’s a huge security issue in play here and you’re not guaranteed to hide your username and password to malicious attackers.

1 Like

Oh I’m so relieved to hear from you ThinDinh! Thanks for reaching out.
First screenshots here with more to come…

Second load of screenshots.
In the layout window, the login page has inherited the settings and design of the first page of the app, so I have no settings to review there!

The password, username, password (hard copy), username(hard copy) are all set to be user specific.

Do you actually have a user profiles table or it’s completely public? How are you setting up your tab visibility if there’s no user profiles?

1 Like

W\No table for user profiles, we all use the same user profile. So I just have the login to make other tabs/pages not visible until username and password are correctly entered.

Can you show me how you’re configuring the tab visibilities? If I recall right, it has to be tied to user profiles values.

I don’t know what the T3OGR is referring to!??!
Happy to screen share with privately you if that’s easier?

That indicates you might have had user profiles at one point, but then made the app completely public, so that set up can not work anymore.

1 Like

“Completely public”?? All I did was publish the app through Glide. Then I shared the app weblink with the other volunteers.

Did you ever have a different privacy setting? If you click on that visibility setting, does it link to any columns at all?

It doesn’t link to anything at all and I don’t understand why.

I also don’t understand why my login page has turned itself into just a duplicate of the first page of my app (a page that shows one of the bases from airtable)?? All the elements I had to facilitate the login are gone.

What used to happen was that when users first opened the app, a login page would be the first page they’d see. They would enter the provided username and password (same one for all of us) and then the rest of the app pages (there are three) would open up for them to freely navigate through. That’s all I want it to do. Just access control, no collection of data

Are you using the Classic Apps?
As @ThinhDinh said, it looks like your privacy setting changed to public with no sign-in required. In this case, there is no sign-in page.
If you need the sign-in page, you should probably change your sign-in type in the privacy settings.

I’m not sure what the “Classic Apps” are?
I see the sign-in settings and have change them. Thanks.
Now how do I get the pages visibility to link to the login checks? I’ve tried to build a new login page, but the only options it gives me for visibility are in the user profile. I don’t want to link to that, because that will change every time we change the password.

I’ve just done some more reading on “classic apps” - could this be the reason why my app has changed and is now broken?? Do I need to rebuild it?

The reason I asked whether you were using classic apps is because the sign-in options for classic required passing through the log-in page.

Classic apps sign-in options:

versus
Glide pages (the new app version):

In the new app version, you can by-pass the log-in by selecting “No sign-in”.

Since the change to your tables took you by surprise, I was wondering whether you had set up your visibility options while on the classic apps but had recently upgraded to the newer app version where you selected “No sign-in”.

If this is what happened, then you can open your old app to view the visibility conditions and manually replicate it in the new app (now that you’ve changed the sign-in options to ensure that users pass through a log-in screen).

If you have a backup (copy) of your app from before the changes occurred, you can avoid rebuilding what’s broken by using that instead.

Hopefully the experts come online soon to help guide you.

1 Like

You also can know if your app is classic or not by looking at this on the dashboard.

I really appreciate your help. It looks like I have an updated app but on a legacy account. So the airtable links will no longer be supported. Great. Thanks Glide.

The privacy settings were switched to no sign in, so that explains that.

There is no information on how long legacy apps will be supported so in order to ensure the app can be free for the volunteers, I’m going to need to redo the database into the glide tables which is more complex to link items between tables…or switch to a different platform.

1 Like

Can you explain how so?

So you were building based on some functionalities on Airtable and they’re no longer supported on your legacy account?