GPS positioning errors while using the component "Location" in a form

The purpose of the app is to carry out crops surveys. In the form, in addition to the characteristics of the survey, I would like to have the position of the survey in the fields. To do so, I put the “Location” in the form.

However, the location given is completely false (up to 5 km away from the actual position). The problem doesn’t come from the phone (iPhone 12 Pro Max), because the positioning is good in other apps such as Google Maps.

How could I fix this GPS positioning error ?

The circled mark should be where is the cross.

Does the browser/device have access to precise location vs approximate or cell tower location? Do you allow enough time for GPS signal to be aquired?

Thank you for your questions. I rebooted the cellular settings, and I set “Position exacte”, which means “precise location” in the browser settings. How long should I wait for the signal ?

It really shouldn’t take that long to acquire signal. Usually it’s pretty instant. Just suggesting it in case some someone is turning on the switch and submitting the form very quickly.

I don’t use the location component very often, and mostly just for fun, so I don’t have a lot of experience with it.

1 Like