šŸ†• Glide Pages (Beta)

Sorry if I fall from the clouds but I donā€™t understand how much you pay for the Pro Page plan.
Suppose I want to build an e-commerce website where user-customers have to authenticate, suppose there are 10,000 users in the usersheet, how much should I pay per month to keep this APP?
Do I only pay for concurrent users currently simultaneously authenticated in the APP or not? And if so, what happens when the 21st tries to authenticate? And how to manage this?

1 Like

You pay for active users per month, not the number of users in your sheet. Take the number of people who signed into your Page in the last month and multiply by $2ā€”that is the price. There is a minimum of $40. This is the same as our Private Pro pricing for apps.

Glide Pages is not designed for e-commerce or building stores. There are other companies that focus on this, like Shopify, and we are not trying to compete with them.

7 Likes

Ok David thanks, now itā€™s clear.
I will use this plan to build content administration APPs, I already have several cases where it can be useful.
From my point of view it is a bit of a loss not to be able to use it even in certain web scenarios, but in any case it is ok, and congratulations for this new opportunity.

I think Glide could become Salesforce-nouveau for medium sized businesses, whereas it would be the system of record. So you have a Glide Page as your desktop interface on top of your Google Sheets as the interface / abstraction layer. Then you can build multiple Glide Apps off of this for people to use in the field. In this scenario the pricing would be based on the Glide Page alone, and all Glide Apps built on top of it are included.

For the agencies here, that would be a great biz to be in.

4 Likes

Looks like we can have our own GlideStore built on Pages. Check this beta version out guys.

8 Likes

Neat! :fire:

1 Like

Can we build premium Page themes/templates for template store?

Not currently

1 Like

I am ready to go premium with GlideStore! I have it how I wanted it. I will make sure it is free for everyone until ?. Give me 500 apps, I will go google play. Give me a 1000 apps, and I will go iOS (canā€™t see this being rejected). DO NOT ADD YOUR APPS YET. Waiting for a fix Friday of this week.

Absolutely loving Glide Pages! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Regarding my thoughts above, there are some things that would have to change to realize this, the most critical being the file storage issue;

And also the data rules issue;

Specifically within the the data rules regarding prohibited types of data is one line that excludes my primary industry, legal. Many areas in legal deal with families, and collect info about full names, date of birth, family connectionsā€¦ The legal industry opportunity is huge, and Iā€™d love to go after it with Glide, butā€¦

Prohibited Types of Data - ā€œAny data or information collected from children under the age of 13.ā€

Legal frameworks for storing data on children under the age of 13 are incredibly complicated. If that is the type of information you require I strongly suggest seeking an industry expert with specific experience dealing with COPPA and itā€™s many complications. Great for the privacy of kids, not so great if you need to deal with it. Youā€™ll find unfortunately that many many companies will have similar restrictions.

4 Likes

Wow, I just quickly read through COPPA, the use case I mentioned definitely differs from that. I wasnā€™t thinking of collecting information directly from children, exactly as the restriction states, but rather their parents. Is Glide making a distinction between the two, whereas collecting information from the parents about their young children is okay?

https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-16/part-312

This sounds very interesting. So how would this work basically. You invite gliders to upload their Apps a d sell their templates on glide store or they sell the App. The difference being a template cannot be sold further by the purchaser but an App can be.
I guess what I am asking is whether this will be some form of showcasing page or App/template selling page with full ecommerce type features.

But I really like the concept. Hopefully there wonā€™t be any restrictions on CSS or code used on the Apps. You must allow customers to purchase any App even with lowcode in it but that must be clearly stated that it is at the risk of the purchaser to buy such a template or App.

1 Like

The limitation in our terms of service specifically states ā€œcollected FROM children under the age of 13ā€. Please do not use Glide to collect data from any child under the age of 13. Data provided by parents without the involvement of the child (in other words there is no way to construe that the child is actually the provider of the data) does not fall afoul of this particular restriction.

This is not legal advice, I am not a lawyer, I donā€™t even play one on TV.

5 Likes

@david & @JackVaughan - this looks REALLY promising!

Just wonder if Pages will replace the desktop/tablet view for Pro apps? Reason I ask is that feedback from users, looking at our app on desktop, they think itā€™s clunky. Our app, of course, works beautifully on mobile but desktop view is proving to be frustrating for people.

Also, it seems when setting up a new app in our dashboard there is a clear choice between either an app or a page. That tells me the two cannot coexist which probably answers my own question above :wink:

And how are Pages working from a basic SEO point of view in terms of being able to control things like: urls, title and description tags, H1 tags etc?

Thank you @Luther

GlideStore could one day or soon be like iOS store, Just waiting to see how it is received. For now idea is to make it easy for the end user of your, say, business or personal glide app to find and download (install) from a single online store/point, instead of you having to send a link to everyone, interested in your app. Ideally want GlideStore to complement the Template store. It could never be a substitute. It will be different in the following ways:

1. Anyone can add and list any glideapp.
  2. GlideStore is free of template store rules. So feel free to showcase your CSS, HTML, ExClmn etc apps.
  3. You can add URL of any of your Template store apps, paid or otherwise, and send buyer directly to the Template store to complete sale.
  4. Businesses can direct their customers to download their apps from GlideStore.
  5. Maybe you are selling your app via your own site but site not generating enough traffic. Now you have GlideStore. Soon, GlideStore will allow us to buy and sell glideapps.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Thank you for the response @Wiz.Wazeer.

I love the idea and I think it is BOLD and quite doable. I am a big fan of this because a few months earlier I put a feature request to have an intermediate/advance glidestore for intermediate users to be able to purchase template that have code or other advance features, so I am sold to this idea.

Based on some of the Apps you have created, I would not put it past you to create something so integratedā€¦

All the best with this and I hope you wonā€™t shelf the plans but pursue it and let it manifestā€¦:muscle::facepunch:.

1 Like

Thank you :+1::+1::+1:.

Is Glide Pages replacing tablet mode? Will we ever be able to customize the tablet layout separately from mobile layout? Seems like Glide tablet customization was completely skipped withi the release of this new product.

1 Like

Hi Glide team,

1. I would like to change more titles name to another language than English.
  2. I would like RTL options
  3. And a different setup from desktop and mobile view.
  4. side by side components, the ability to set 3 different components in the same row will be great.
  5. Drag and drop components into the table.

Thanks,
Gideon