Glide app store - Wiz’z spin on Glide template store!

Demos are exempt from GDPR compliance. As developers we are allowed to test our machines. Compliance becomes an issue when the app is on sale to members of the public. In-house (which this community of developers is), GDPR is inapplicable. I deal with lawyers everyday! :slightly_smiling_face:And don’t worry about GDPR compliance. TypeGuard will always be held vicariously liable, irrespective of what their legal position is; after all no point in going after the little fish; you take down the big one…little ones brittle away!

GDPR becomes an issue when ANYTHING with a form collecting personal data is accessible via a browser on the internet.

Who ever is advising you needs to study the law on this again…anyways…David closed this topic…so lets not reopen old wounds :slightly_smiling_face: :partying_face:

@Wiz.Wazeer: He did indeed close it, but remember what he said…

Our terms of service require that you use Glide in a way that obeys the laws that apply to you. If using Glide causes you to break a law, you are required by our terms not to use Glide in that way—even if that means you cannot use Glide at all.

Google & Microsoft said the same thing…the botton line is if you want to operate in EU, which TypeGuard cannot avoid because of Stripe integration, soon EU will be on its door step…not yours or mine…so just carry on! But the point remains…in-house ANY TESTING IS ALLOWED. You are a developer and I am a developer…we belong to this community…There is both express and implied consent to test each others apps before going public…That is why I say, we can take the law to the Courts on this!

1 Like

@Wiz.Wazeer: You have made some good points there and as the world is entering what I’m calling an era of impunity (Roger Stone’s commutation & Man City’s appeal being upheld, being two recent examples), then I’m starting to not care anymore :wink:

1 Like

Huge! Very impressive @Wiz.Wazeer ! I’d like to publish my temps as fast as I can to create profile.

btw And, is it possible to hide current app in “more templates from this dev” or mayber rename that checkbox?

1 Like

Thank you! Sure you can rename it or can add a checkbox to hide… :slightly_smiling_face: I will add a checkbox to hide.show this part which you can activate/deactivate when you want!

I am looking for some suggestions. Two ways of going about integration of paypal and stripe. Stripe is not my concern (easiest part).

I am ambivalent as to whether I should be setting:

1. PayPal per developer, that is, customer selects you app…goes to cart, and pays directly into your account using your paypal.me link (which I will let you add). Thus would be on trust that developers will pay store owner, let’s say me, their commission)

2. Customers select apps and pay into a single account (owners account-this is the current setting). Each developer;s money then gets transferred into their own account.

Thank you

Currently you can purchase this app template from wizwazeer.glideapp.io

1 Like

Thanks for this! This wasn’t exactly what I had in mind for automatically recording a purchase to a sheet. Your flow is similar to my “self-check” process of verifying the payment.

Another Glider mentioned RazorPay as an option. I’ll keep you posted if I come across anything interesting with that :+1:

1 Like

What do you mean by “automatically record” to the sheet ?

Are you able to bounce the amount to the PayPal URL, like in my demo version? Then you should know the rest of the code, i am sure (we are probably copy/pasting from same site :rofl:!

And, by automatic etc do you mean :

1. Customer selects items
  2. Goes to cart with items
  3. Pays
  4. Whole transaction is recorded to the sheet ?

If 4 is what you wanted then that’s exactly what it does but obliviously I didn’t share the full extended code. The part when payment is made and the details are fired back into the sheet with corresponding emails sent to the parties. You just add a few more lines to the code, and add emails of the parties. A clue was on the confirmation sheet itself. The email was ready to be fired. All you do is bounce it. I’m adding it to the Full version to GStore. I known exactly what you want!

But if you want the full Stripe experience, you need (1) Glide back end integration (2) the full code which is available on their developers website. Only problem is (1). Therefore, you use an extended code. Without Glide backend integration of PayPal, impossible to achieve the Stripe experience

But keep me posted Tx.

Yes. The amount is included when users click to pay. Video below.

What I’m looking for is the ability to confirm that funds were received.

The entire order is recorded in Glide already, but being able to confirm that funds were actually sent is what we’re trying to work around.

Right now, it looks like everyone’s solution is a checkbox that users select, which is not bad, but it would be great for the UI to capture whether or not funds are received through an API if that’s doable.

I don’t have any code in my app for the PayPal integration, it’s a simple template to join the correct info based on the URL parameters for PayPal.me; the url + username + amount. See link below.

3 Likes

Nice idea and a well executed app.

I do wish Glide came out with a built in 1:1 chat solution - The current workarounds work but there’s too many clicks involved compared to clicking once to open up a chat with someone.

1 Like

Wow ! Looks really beautiful!:rocket:

Got it! Okay I’ve done it differently. Maybe that’s why I’m able to get whole transaction recorded to sheet before customer goes to customer account to check order. You see with delivery items I can understand the set procedures but with something GStore I can get round it. I can make the customers pay first and then take them to the cart as matter of formality. but without making them aware that they going via the cart. But a button we actually need because of the no back end support from Glide. But to be honest with you, Lisa, I’m not even bothered anymore because of the GStore website. I’ve everything (whatever payment method takes a customers fancy). Need your beautiful apps there . I can tell this new template of yours will sell like hot cake. By Sunday up and running. No more delays. Doing it on a massive scale for all gliders.

PayPal integrated for domestic sale !

Lisa, ThinH DinH & others (interested in seling your apps to domestic audience only) quickly go to wizwazeer.glideapp.io

Select either WizChat or Glideapp store

Then tap buy with PayPal

See some magic! Don’t worry about getting the information back into the sheet. For that Glide needs to allow PayPal access to its back end like with Stripe…This is not only closest to the real experience but also legit!

2 Likes

:ok_hand:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::rocket::rocket::rocket:

1 Like

Thank you! at last we have done it!

1 Like

How did you connect it to tawk.to?

1 Like

Check this thread…

2 Likes