Glide app feezing frequently

Hello. First post here, thanks for your help in advance :slightly_smiling_face:

My app https://utrecht.glideapp.io/ freezes frequently on use. It doesn’t go blank or reboot by itself, but it just freezes and responds to neither taps nor scroll gestures. I need to close and restart it to make it become responsive again. I have another Glide app that does not suffer from the same issues when I use it in the same devices.

What could be the problem?

1 Like

Is this only an issue in the builder, or when viewing the app on a phone or in a browser? Is there a certain location or screen in your app where it always freezes? Is it easy to consistently reproduce?

There is a lot of images in the app and could be causing caching issues, but it doesn’t seem like an unusually large amount that should cause issues. I have a slower phone that freezes frequently, but I was able to navigate around your app. What kind of device are you using?

On phone, in this case on iPhone 11 Max Pro, specifically on the home screen, does not reproduce consistently, but happens frequently nevertheless.

I have the same issue with one of my apps.

It freezes when I reopen it from background in an iPhone.

1 Like

Which iOS version?

I had multiple issues on iPhone, including app freezing, prior to updating my software to iOS 14. Since updating to 14, I haven’t had a single recurrence. I realize that it’s annoying to tell our users to update their software (plus 14 is still in beta), but I understand from Glide team that the issues are not within Glide’s control - they are PWA issues with Apple’s iOS and they presumably fixed it in iOS 14. At least you can perhaps explain that to your users and encourage them to update their software if possible.

2 Likes

It’s good to know that iOS 14 fixes many issues — I’ve been using it too and the experience has been great.

1 Like

That’s actually a great point - besides the fact that it fixed my PWA issues, it is incredible and has been flawless so far. It has cool new features to organize apps and when you play a song in Apple music, the lyrics scroll on the page so Karaoke nerds like me can sing ALL the time. lol :grin:

You can also finally open Glide apps from search/Spotlight :100:

3 Likes

Ah! I didn’t even know you couldn’t - plus my beloved Glide apps are on my first screen so I never look for them! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: