šŸ”Œ Glide API: Connect any platform to your Glide App!

I can confirm that itā€™s on a Pro App. I see the API usage meter when I click on Pro in the top right.

Tried again this morning but no luck. Iā€™ll submit a ticket

@Robert_Petitto great stuff. Super educational

1 Like

Hi Darren,

I see in your example ā€œget all rowsā€. That is missing from my API set in my PRO app.

How about even ā€œGet Rowā€. If something changes in Glide, how can I keep an external database up to date? Without ā€œGet Rowā€, seems that ā€œUPDATEā€ could do major damage in a sync attempt.

This is now branded ā€œquery tablesā€ and itā€™s only available for enterprise level apps, which is why I didnā€™t cover it in the video.

1 Like

Sometimes it seems Glide is biting off their leg to spite their foot. Not everyone who needs advanced features is an Enterprise corporation.

edit I would think ā€œGET ROWā€ would not even be considered ā€œadvancedā€. Any add/update/delete scenario requires a ā€œgetā€ first.

I think it comes down to cost on Glideā€™s end. Certain functions, and especially moving data (or lots of it), has operational costs that we donā€™t see. I think at a certain point glide starts to lose money, even on paid pro plans. Advanced features that are data and processing intense will cost more. Itā€™s just that glide can only absorb so much of that cost and offer limited functionality at no additional cost to the user.

2 Likes

@David_Gabler

You are exposing part of your token here.

1 Like

Great video @darren! :fire:

Btw, I love ClickUp and use it in my personal projects and at Lution management :blush:

1 Like

Ooops. Thatā€™s a screengrab from that other video by Darren. I deleted that from my post, but perhaps Darren needs to blur his video also.

I donā€™t have ā€œget all rowsā€ in my API because I only have a ā€œproā€ plan. Any chance of Glide reconsidering that? Iā€™d only need ā€œget rowā€ to update a row, not ā€œget all rowsā€.

Shouldnā€™t you be able to update a row with the set-column-in-rows action?

1 Like

Yes, but if the columns have been changed on the Glide side, I would want to get the columns for that row so that I know if changes were made and can prevent over-writing changes.

I am going to be accessing these APIā€™s in apps that I wrote vs. third party tools.

Great explanation!
But watching it I think: in other cases, how do I find out what to copy where? There is laymanā€™s work to be done in the UIā€™s :wink:

1 Like

Does the ā€œTable mutation APIā€ limit resets each month?
If not how to increase it? :thinking:

Yes. It resets each month. Glide will soon give you a way (I think) to pay for more usage within a month if you need it.

2 Likes

@Robert_Petitto, thank you for your excellent video.

My pleasure!

ā€¦so only Enterprise ca make read from an external app the data ?
I mean , i rephrase , can i read ex. an audio file externally from an app using the Api ?

No thatā€™s not related to what he said. Robert meant you can only add a new row, change existing rows or delete a row in non-enterprise levels. Grabbing multiple rows using a query (GET) is only available on enterprise.

Thanks, @ThinhDinh for the backup!

1 Like

Ok.
Its a new field for me so there are many concepts to assimilate.
Thanks.

į§