GDE columns keep disapearing

My App/Pages Support link:
https://go.glideapps.com/support/4b1c87d6-8cf1-424f-9708-3dc9e5f31ddd

Describe the bug:
Several times a day, new columns created disapear, even if already assigned to components.
It is then necessary to recreate the column, than redo the assignments.

Expected Behaviour:
Created column is … created!

How to replicate:
Create a column → go back to the Component editor → assign a component to the column → go back to GDE

Demonstration:
Cannot be reproduced because it does not happen all the times.

2 Likes

I have this now too.

Columns I edit lose their edits.
Columns I delete are still there.
Columns I copy instantly keep the old column (i.e. the saved ‘ok’ column did not actually save)

The good news - it works faster and I no longer get ‘Page Unresponsive’

• maybe this is related to fixes, @Mark @Jason - thanks
1 Like

@Mark_Turrell could you make a video of this happening?

After an edit disappears, if you reload Glide, is the edit still gone?

Also, does it happen for some kinds of columns in particular? I’m trying to reproduce, but I can’t.

Just getting to my machine - I’ll keep the video running and give you time stamps of when to look. Thanks!

Also, could I get a support link for the app where this is happening to you?

https://go.glideapps.com/support/016fde64-dcf6-44d3-bf85-53fd7ba5d0f3

I have also tried to reproduce, but it’s very difficult.
I had it at least for Relations (many times) and IF.

[EDIT :warning:] @mark, by the way, I have lost most of the modifications made to my appthis morning (apparently, only on screen); half a day work lost…
nb: I have already created several Zendesk Tickets, for weeks, on various issues (columns disapearing, “Oh sheet message” etc)

Are you saying this didn’t just start happening yesterday?

No @Mark, it started weeks ago (I have some zendesk tickets + many mails with support team about it); but I have the feeling that

• it’s becoming more frequent
  • the delay for a column to disapear is longer than before (initially, it dispeared after a few seconds, now, I’m wondering if it is not disapearing after minutes).

What I did not “experience” until now, was the fact that all the components I created this morning have disapeared.

I don’t dare working on my app any more…

@AyS_0908 Could you please make a video showing me where in the app those components were that disappeared?

1 Like

@Mark, I have rebuilt them.

In red, example components customizing which disappeared between this morning and this afternoon.
nb: this problem comes in addition to the one of columns disappearing (I should have put it in another thread)

Hi there

I started seeing this behaviour on one of my apps since yesterday as well
It happens for a relation + roll up on a sheet that importrange the App: Sales sheet

I use it to calculate credits based on the products people buy
I already had to redo the colums 3 times today and this feature is key for my user
I can’t do a video, the columns do not disappear straihtaway but after a while randomly

@XceL can you please give me a support link to the app and tell me what the column that’s disappearing is called?

1 Like

@Mark thanks for your reply

Not sure if it needs to be sent here or in private or through the relatively new support portal
sorry for my ignorance and please advise the best way forward

https://go.glideapps.com/support/26599ad1-e3cf-4f18-ad54-1c125754545c

Columns that keep disappearing are the last 2 columns of ‘Ventes’ tab:

• products (Relation)
  • credits (lookup)

let me know

Whatever way works for you, since only Glide team can access that link.

1 Like

Is it possible you deleted the sheets “Import Sales” and “Ventes”, and then later undid the change?

1 Like

No, I have not touched the google sheets document ever, let alone delete tabs

Import Sales was called Import: Sales and was working since app launch in February
2d ago users started having issues and I saw the tab was not in Glide
So I removed the colon (thinking maybe you guys used that as a marker for internal tabs), fixed the missing columns and called it a day
Today morning users again complaining so I created Ventes, created the columns and updated references, and started to monitor

This afternoon new complains and when I went to Ventes, the columns were gone

1 Like

Hi @Mark
Happened again overnight, new complains this morning and the tab is again gone
See below:

I use these relations for booking credits calculations, so when the table goes customers cannot proceed and this is staring to affect the business
If there is anything I could do to mitigate (already seeing that creating a new tab does not help) let me know
thanks for the help always

Your video shows a tab appearing, not disappearing. Is that what you intended to convey?

1 Like