Field column showing value instead of heading

My google sheet has column headings:
PLACE CATEGORY CONTROLLING OFFICE HOLIDAY HOME ADDRESS
Data editor has same column headings:
However, in the app at https://wd-hhdir.glide.page, Instead of showing category, and its value, it shows values only. e.g., officers and workmen staff at both the places, instead of " category -Officers and workmen staff"

I also observed that under options of field columns it shows.
(A CATEGORY - A CATEGORY) instead of CATEGORY - A CATEGORY

rest of the columns are in order.
This error has crept in after I changed the column which was earlier FLATS to CATEGORY.
I have many a time refreshed and synced and even in Data editor edited the column, but error persists.
Please advise how it can be corrected.
thanks
v

On the left hand side for ‘A Category’ (the one your arrow is pointing to) click on the drop down and change it to custom. Then manually type the word Category.

1 Like

Yes, Eric is correct. You are referencing the column value there, not the custom word “Category”.

1 Like

Thanks. This also occured to me.but I didn’t fearing more issues.
But I’m curious to know as to why change in column heading in sheet or data editor is not visible in field columns as visible for other regular column headings.
Does this mean that any change in column headings in sheets is not picked by data editor?
Thanks
V

Most components will pick up the column names as labels by default when you first add them, but give you the flexibility to customise. If you change a column name after adding a component, then that change usually won’t be reflected in any related component labels. This doesn’t mean that anything breaks - the components will continue to reflect the correct values.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying.
Vk

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.