Features for organizations

Hi. I have been using organizations for a little while but I have now come across some issue that I would like to send as feature requests.

• It should be possible to move apps between organizations
  • It should be possible to rename an organization
  • It should be possible to share an app within an organization for test purpose on a phone/tablet. It could just be for all members of the org.
  • Maybe don’t use a folder icon to show organizations in the menu (its a bit confusing)
  • I should be possible to control what apps each member of an org. has access to. Maybe not all members should have editing rights to all apps in an org.

Thank you for a great tool and hopefully these feature will come in future updates. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We have changes to orgs coming soon! These are great ideas.

Your org apps already have a privacy setting called “Org members only,” which you can use for testing.

2 Likes

Hi David

Sounds great I will look forward to the changes :slight_smile:

Can I use that option without starting a paid subscription? We are still undecided on internal user or public. But I have to choose before I can share the app. Or am I missing something?

Yes, Orgs are now free. New Orgs can publish Personal apps, your org will get these features October 1.

1 Like

Hi David, I hired a expert to help my with some features in my app. For this I created a org folder, duplicated the app, which has a pro subscription on it, and placed the duplicate in the org folder. Now that the work is done, I see no way to move the app out of the org folder nor can I transfer the Pro subscription to it. Not sure what I am doing wrong, not sure why an app would be locked into a folder. Do you have a solution for me? Thank you, Todd

You cannot yet move apps out of Orgs, and there is not concept of ‘transferring’ a subscription between accounts (between My Apps and Orgs, or between Orgs). You can only upgrade the app in the org (and downgrade the other app if you’d like).

Ouch, that is a lot of money I just spent to have the work done. What will I lose by running the app in the org vs My Apps?

You don’t lose anything. An Org is just a folder with collaborators and its own billing.

In the future, what will be the best approach so I can avoid these troubles. If I have an app in My apps there appears to be no way for an expert to help me with it. What would you suggest be the workflow for getting help? If I put an app in a folder it is stuck there and i can not use it again elsewhere, so this is not going to work. Getting help is expensive and sometimes the work is really complicated and super time consuming to try and rebiuld/replicate all the intricate programming- the reason why I am seeking help in the first place. As it stands, I don’t see any practical solution for paying others to help but maybe you have a suggested workflow. And what is the rational for locking an app in a folder?

2 Likes

We will soon allow Org owners to transfer apps to other Orgs, and back to My Apps.

3 Likes

Thank you David, that will unlock additional collaboration.

1 Like

@david is there any way to rename or delete organisations?

You can delete them via the Billing section.

1 Like

Got it, thanks!

um, before I actually pull the trigger on that, is it correct to assume that if I delete an Org, then any apps in that Org will also be deleted?

That’s right.