Favorites bar?

No :cry: Attaching a screenshot showing what I see for options. It’s possibly I deleted it by accident…am I stuck now? My app is based on the conference template that you can copy, and I keep going back to that one to see if I can figure out what they did that I’m not doing.

2 Likes

Those are column types in the data editor. There isn’t a specific favorites column type. The isFavorite column is pretty much a user specific boolean column. I was hoping to see the list of available columns when you add a new component to the detail screen and open the drop-down to select and attach it to one of your existing columns. I was just curious if it was somehow still accessible, but not visible in the data editor.

It may be possible that the column was deleted at some point. Like I said, I know people have had issues getting it back after doing that, but I’m not sure how or if they resolved it.

A couple of things I would try would be to first try duplicating the app with a duplicate sheet and see if the duplicate works and shows the column. Another option is to create a new Breakouts table/sheet. The favorites column should create automatically if everything is working correctly. If you really wanted, you could create a new user specific boolean column and then add a switch or checkbox component to act as your favorites selector. It’s a bit of a workaround and you won’t have the full features that the favorites component would provide, but it more or less would work the same.
Alternately, you could submit a support request to glide and hopefully they could resolve it on the back end.

1 Like

She is right. No isFavorite is being created.

1 Like

@Wiz.Wazeer is that even on new tables? I’m not by a computer right now to check.

1 Like

For giggles, I went back to the template that I used and copied from and I added a favorite component to the speakers. Then I went to the speakers table and no column was created there either. This is a template that I haven’t messed with or touched at all.

@meganb you are not doing anything wrong. I just carried out some tests. When I use a like button on tables, isFavorite is being auto generated but when I try to replicate same on sheet nothing is happening.

Oh, wait, it actually was created in that other test template. I see it there now.

1 Like

Please contact support team

Oh great but I’m not seeing anything different

Not on tables

@Wiz.Wazeer if you add a RowID column to the Google sheet through the data editor, then does it create an isFavorite column? As I understand it, glide tables contain a built in RowID regardless if it’s visible or not. Google sheets need you to explicitly add the RowID column.

1 Like

@meganb Yes or no please? You can see ifFavorite?

Nope

1 Like

@Jeff_Hager you enjoy your evening. I’ll look into this until you return.

1 Like

@meganb I’m not sure if your breakouts table is a google sheet or a glide table. If it’s a google sheet and like @Wiz.Wazeer said, is not automatically creating the isFavorite column, then I would submit the issue to glide support. It’s starting to sound like it’s a bug.

https://glide-help.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

Thanks man. Have a good day. Hope you slept a little bit. :wink:

1 Like

:innocent::innocent::innocent:

1 Like

I tried doing it by adding the like component, but it’s still not creating a favorited column in my sheet.

1 Like

You don’t need to do anything else. Please contact support team using the link Jeff posted above.

1 Like

Ok. Thank you both for being so active and replying. It’s nice that this community forum is so active!

2 Likes