Extracting the “day of the week” from the date

Hello, i am using now the Experimental Code from this thread below:

But turn up Monday for 5 February 2022. Suppose to be Saturday.

I believe its read as 2 May 2022 instead of 5 February 2022.

The date plugins are buggy. I don’t recommend using them.

You can get the Weekday name from a date without using any plugins as follows:

• Create a lookup column that lists the days of the week, beginning from Sunday. This column can be anywhere, but I usually have it in a dedicated “Lookup” table

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 10.04.02 AM

• Use a Math column to get the Weekday index number of the date in question: Weekday(Date)-1
  • Use a Single Value column to take the above index “from start” of your weekday lookup column.

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 10.06.32 AM

6 Likes

I agree. This puts me in a lot of trouble recently, especially with countries that use dd/mm/yyyy.

1 Like

Right!

As @Darren_Murphy wrote, most plugins have bugs working with dates (and if the date format is not US, the problem is worse).

Here my tests playing with some dates

Using the Glide’s JavaScript plugin, it has serious problems working with days >12 due to it confuses days with months (DD/MM/YYYY).

Instead, the Format Date plugin works perfectly and can be used without problem (so far).

Saludos a todos!

Not sure I’d agree with that. I’ve found the Format Date plugin to be one of the worst of the lot.
I just don’t trust any of them, and I don’t use them. Mark has said that they will fix them, hopefully soon…

Well, at least the Format cccc works fine using DD/MM/YYYY format :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Bye Darren!

I dont think so.
I have problem, after i found out it because i am using the cccc one.
You can see threads below.

and i changed to the Darren’s one, then its works after.

1 Like

Well, it’s working for me, maybe an improvement was done days ago and some issues were gone.

I changed my Chrome’s regional settings to US and still works fine ( Format Date plugin):

Saludos!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.