🆕 Plugins are live in the Editor!

18 Likes

Amazing. I’ve been using these all over the place since they’ve been released. No Code at it’s finest!

5 Likes

Love the speed of shipping stuff. Great work GLIDE!

6 Likes

Any plugin that can get days in a month yet? I’ve been using this formula from @ThinhDinh in the meanwhile:

3 Likes

Awesome ! ! !

So with the code>javascript plugin, we enter the javascript directly into the data field. What is the p1,p2,p3 fields used for and how do we reference cells or columns? Is the p1,p2,p3 the data we reference and use p1,p2,p3 as identifier?

1 Like

I don’t have the actual code for this (i have only done this in SQL), but the logic is to get the first day of the next month (by adding 1 to the current month and setting day =1). then subtract 1 from that date to get the last day of a month.

2 Likes

Awesome :clap:! Does this mean we can now include them in apps for the template store?

2 Likes

Yes. (If not today, then soon.)

5 Likes

Friday.

3 Likes

Amazing!
and is arrived just in time to make me easy the truncate text!
Great feature!

actually the EOMONTH(D2:D,0) formula is giving you the end of month date, then from this you get the days.

Thank you!

Hola,

These are the parameters associated to your code or plugin. The parameter can be your column name.

Take a look at this tread to understand better this Convert number in words

Saludos!

2 Likes

Amazing !

Hi Robert, i belive that is this you need
https://glide-experimental-days-in-month.messiascarvalho.repl.co

is really easy to use. if let the values empty will consider the actual year and month, and if need a specific date, is just send the parameters year or month :smiley:
hope that help!

3 Likes

:exploding_head:
e.g. hyperformula, JSON and array manipulation create myriad of new possibilities

2 Likes

@Robert_Petitto I see there are other solutions but using our Code plugin column (Code>Javascript) I created a column that gives you the days in the month for a given a date value. Here is a simple sample app where I added that column. https://days-in-month-demo.glideapp.io/

return new Date(new Date( p1).getFullYear(), new Date( p1).getMonth()+1,0).getDate()

5 Likes

I have started playing with plugins with a view to replacing and enhancing functionality in some apps.

I may have missed something, in a few apps I need to remove a space from a string.

So John Smith becomes JohnSmith.

In a google sheets I use

SUBSTITUTE(P2:P," “,”")

:face_with_monocle: What plugin can I use to replace a space?

Extract Matching Text should do it.

But… why use a plugin when you could do it with a simple template column? :wink:

4 Likes