EXCEL/GLIDE Synchronization

Good morning again.

A situation is happening to us that has us intrigued…

We are making a preliminary prototype and with a set of tests in a table in Excel and therefore in GLIDE.

It is happening to us that “sometimes they appear” in GLIDE, let’s say 500 row records, and “sometimes they appear in GLIDE,” let’s say 300 row records… IN EXCEL THERE ARE ALWAYS THE 500 row records.

The fact is that in GLIDE “sometimes they are all there and sometimes they are not.” This is leading us to the fact that in this prototype we are checking, for example, formulas with summations of certain fields, but given that the number of records “appear” and “disappear” these summations vary (since they add up well but do not add up all the ones that should be …) and it generates uncertainty about why it happens???
I don’t know if it is due to update or synchronization times between EXCEL and GLIDE???
And of course what to do???

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
Javier

Which Glide plan are you on? What is the total number of rows in all of the combined tables that are being used by the app?

1 Like

Thanks @Jeff_Hager
I am in the GLIDE test plan to make a prototype and test it and see if functionally it is what we want to build. There are about 500 rows (we have taken and loaded directly into Excel the real example data that we would load).

Could it be because it is in the test version that what happens to us??? It would be a relief to know that’s why :wink:

Thank you
Javier

@Javier_SBT - Are you on the Business Plan free trial?

If so, you should open a support ticket with our team. They’ll be able to go into more detail to troubleshoot the specific app you’re working on.

1 Like

I don’t agree with the way Glide handles this with external data sources, but essentially they will only sync the number of rows that your plan allows. If you have 5000 rows of data in Excel, but your plan only allows 500 rows, then they are only going to sync 500 random rows across all tables. In addition to that 500, they will at least load a minimum of 10 rows in each table, so at least they are not empty. And unfortunately, it seems that the rows that are loaded randomly change day to day.

It does make it really hard to test and prototype, especially when data is missing that is required to build some of the screens. I’ve had to push off projects or update my plan, just so I can build my project. Unfortunately I’m using production data, so I can’t just delete rows. I talk more about it below.

3 Likes

Thank you very much @Jeff_Hager for the content of your response. Take note ;).

Thank you
Greetings,
Javier

1 Like

Thanks @NoCodeAndy

Javier