šŸ†• Event Picker

Crossing over midnight doesnā€™t work with the event picker. Since the event picker requires both a start date and end date column, you might be better off just having two date pickers and maybe some hint text that compares the two dates and shows a warning if your end time is before the start time.

2 Likes

I was just about to ask this question again. @Mark @david

Has this already been noted as a bug? The event picker isnā€™t that useful if you canā€™t scroll past the current week. As @ThinhDinh and @avanavana mentioned, scrolling works on desktop, but I havenā€™t seen this work when testing on my mobile device.

2 Likes

JUST tapped around and found that you can change the month when you click the month. Thatā€™s not super intuitive though. Hopefully some sort of directive to the user is in the works so people know how to navigate this component.

2 Likes

Related feature request:

2 Likes

Voted!

2 Likes

I also had several complaints about the change of the year, including some people either gave up and did not continue with the registration, or simply did not change the year keeping 2021, I had to put a message before the component to warn that I just had to click on the year to change it, but it didnā€™t look nice.

2 Likes

Event picker was a tragedy. A strut down the catwalk in blackberry curve spring collection. Wah-wah.

1 Like

Hi all, just curious if thereā€™s been any new updates to the Event Picker? Or planned updates? I was hoping it would be possible to just have a drop down menu of available time slots or some other super easy layout but when I play around with the Event picker, get a calendar app and a big clock so for me at least, not very easy to use.

I tried going through this entire thread and the main takeaways I got were that @Lucas_Pires and @Robert_Petitto developed these genius massive sheets that accomplished their goals but for a noob such as myself, this is totally unattainable?

My specific use case is Iā€™m working with a few art galleries in SF and in Tokyo (maybe depending on status of Olympics) where artists/bands can sign up to perform and also show their work. They would sign up for a 2 hour block of time. Hi @ThinhDinh, I think you mentioned Calendly in another Event picker thread? Does it somehow sync up with Event picker or is it completely independent of it and just being embedded or shown via a webview on Glide? Thanks in advance!

Yes, this is the case. It also handles the timezone inside Calendly, which is straightforward to many of my agencyā€™s clients.

1 Like

Thanks @ThinhDinh Playing around with it now and this might just be the perfect Event Picker alternative on Glide (for my needs at least) Appreciate your help.

1 Like

what is the point of this element if you can choose only in the current week !!!

there is no option to navigate to other weeks or months or years !!!
really GLIDE! this event picker is here for a long time and still no fix for it? @david

1 Like

But you can drag the days :confused:

??? what are you trying to say?

1 Like

on a desktop, drag or swipe the days to change weeks. One a phone tap on the date to bring up a calendar.

and who will ever know that is possible ??? can they just add arrows on the sides???
we have to give manuals to customers how to use some components???

Yeah, we know ā€” this thing sucks.

4 Likes

Give yourself some credit. Itā€™s not terrible, but biggest need in short term is ability for Glide to have filtering functionality in Date, DateTime and Event Pickers. If unavailable > greyed out/disabled times/days, for example.

3 Likes

I think this element is great, just the navigation sucks, please separate year, month and weekā€¦ so 3 lines with arrows on the sidesā€¦ plus add extra column to block (grey out) date, like Robert mentionā€¦ and this will be such a powerful function!
Also same for date pickersā€¦ separate with arrowsā€¦

Iā€™m tired of creating my own pickers and repeating process for each appā€¦ unless we can copy paste tables to another appā€¦ than i donā€™t careā€¦
I think Iā€™m gonna create one app with all my tricks and just duplicate it ā€¦ everytime i start new appā€¦ hmmm that will helpā€¦
And i will put my starting app on marketā€¦ lol
Who would want my starting app with all my tricks, scripts, css, iconsā€¦ and what would be a reasonable price?

1 Like