šŸ†• Event Picker

My Template is the number zero + Any other Variables. I donā€™t include the time at all. The 0 is what tells me if the time is available or not.

1 Like

Exactly, so how does your template know if room 2 is open when room 1 is already booked at the time that room 2 wants to be booked?

The variables. I use the number 0 then -ROOMID.

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 1.49.04 PM

Explained here:

5 Likes

How can I see a full calendar with all booking, or how to choose any date even a year from now

THX

1 Like

When you get around to building person1 + room1 + time1, in my case person1 + person2 + aircraft1 + time1, if any of those variables are optional, in my case, person2 and aircraft1, you have to use if/then to avoid the matches on person2 and aircraft1 being left empty.

Just figured it out and has lifted such a weight off my shoulders! Thanks again for your methods.

2 Likes

Amazing!

1 Like

Question for the Glide team:

Has the bug with not being able to change the week on desktop been fixed? I was told over a week ago that this fix would be dropping last week. Waiting to launch a client app on this bug fix.

Edit: I see now that on desktop you can click and drag the week, like a touch emulation - is this the fix that was mentioned?

Seems like it. I was able to do that since last week so I assume thatā€™s the fix they mentioned. Would like left and right arrows for more visual though.

Yeah for sure. Or a little ā€œdropdown menuā€ arrow next to the title date on the top, to show you can select dates, because thatā€™s actually the default behavior when you click on that title date.

Trouble is, the html date input object is implemented differently in various browsers, and I think not even implemented at all in desktop Safari, so they might just be avoiding using this altogether now, just relying on the swipe-able calendar to be a unified, cross-browser UI solution. I havenā€™t checked to see if they removed the HTML date input from the title yet, itā€™s been there the whole time, but just set to 0 height and 0 width, so even if your browser did support the element, the little ā€œcalendarā€ icon didnā€™t show upā€¦ title was still clickable though to pick a new date manually (faster than swiping on the calendar week below).

I just checked on a mobile device ā€“ it appears this swiping behavior is NOT available on mobile, which is really strange, considering itā€™s mobile-native behavior. To change the date on mobile you still have to click the title date to open the HTML date picker, but itā€™s not even labeled to make it clear that you can do that. Itā€™s strange to not also add the swipe to mobile browsers, where it would be much more natural with the touchscreenā€¦ now I have to tell my users, yes it finally works on desktop, but you have to do something completely different when you use it on mobile than when you use it on desktop. Many of my users are not computer-saavy.

3 Likes

Brilliant

1 Like

Hello community.
Please help with the event picker.
I can not understand. When the user chooses the date and time, is it possible to limit the interval in which the selection can be made? So that the intervals of time closed by me are not active when choosing.
For example, every day there is an interval from 9:00 to 21:00 in which users can book a time. It is necessary that users can book only in this interval. Is it possible?

As of now I donā€™t think itā€™s possible. You can do it with Calendly though.

1 Like

Thanks. Iā€™ll try

Do you have brief example? :flushed:

1 Like

Very cool, can we connect to google calendar?

Suggestions: Could we have different colored events? I have some overlapping events and some that are back-to-back and would greatly benefit from a clear color change.

And secondly, could we have the calendar always open to todayā€™s date? For some reason, after typing in some fake registrations for both today and tomorrow, the calendar page ALWAYS opened to tomorrow by default.

Lastly, could we make choose to have the ā€œTitleā€ fit sideways, vertically.

1 Like

Hey guys,

Is it just me or can we not have events that go into the next day?

i.e. 11th Jan 9pm to 12th Jan 1am?

Canā€™t seem to figure it out in the UI

Thanks,
George

2 Likes

I want it too

1 Like

Are there any plans to improve the usability of the event picker? The fact that users canā€™t sort out how to view next week/month is not a minor flaw. It takes me a few seconds to remember when I havenā€™t used it for a while.

I donā€™t know if this issue is specific to the event picker or not, but when actions were rolled out, the set column action worked to clear user specific Event start + Event end columns. Thatā€™s no longer the case. Visually, the dates are cleared ā€“ as when tapping the :negative_squared_cross_mark: in the event picker ā€“ but the date-time values are still in the data editor.

2 Likes

Hey,
Is there an option to select a timeframe for an event that ends after midnight?

1 Like