Editing a Choice Component

I feel like there is a simple answer to this, but having a brain blockage. Two different situations, but both involving Choice Components that rely on choices previously selected.

Situation #1:
In an Edit screen, a Chips Choice Component’s source is List A, which is generated by a List Table and allows multiple choices to be selected:

Option 1
Option 2
Option 3
Option 4
Option 5

User selects Option 1 and saves to their profile.

When the user Edits their profile, I want to display the Choice Component with all 5 Options as Chips, but still showing Options 1 as selected with 2, 3, 4 and 5 as unselected.

For example: User has already selected “Dinner Menu”, so it should be preselected when Editing, but its not.

Situation #2
In an Add Form component, a Chips Choice Component’s source is List B, which is generated by a List Table and allows only a single choice to be selected. However, I want it to be filtered by options they previously added.

For example, the user already has “Dinner Menu” added, so I want to remove “Dinner Menu” from the available choices.

I think it might be more about how to setup my Lists. Also I tried filtering on the Screen, but didnt have an impact.

It should be showing as selected if you are editing an existing row with the value already in that column. What do you see when you click on the data preview button in the bottom left corner not the builder?

I think if you have a joined list of options that the user already selected in the user table, then you can filter your choice list where the choice is not included in the user table → joined list.

Got it to work! I had to use a Filter of if my Relation was not empty.

1 Like