Choice picker it's not working!

Hi Everyone!

I’m trying to use a filter with a choise picker, so the inlist shows the related items to the picked one.

But,

Choise picker it is not working!

I CAN’T SELECT

choice

What went wrong?

Any clue?

Could you provide a screen shot please that shows how the choice component is configured?

Things to check:

• Does the target table for the choice component contain at least one row?
  • Do you have any filters applied to the screen containing the choice component?

Hi Darren,

This is the pic

• Does the target table for the choice component contain at least one row?

Yes, it does

• Do you have any filters applied to the screen containing the choice component?

Yes I have.
The inlist have one pointing to Table Employees, column If building is true

But the strange thing is…I can’t pick from choise because it is blocked!

Thnx in advance!

Sounds like your screen is not pointing to any existing row, so there is no row/column for the choice component to update. That’s why it’s blocked. Make sure your screen is pointing to an existing row.

Hi Jeff!

I thought the same thing,

But It’s pointing to a Column is user-specific

Choise it works to others users, but not for me!

I’m trying to figure it out

:clock1: :clock130: :clock7: :clock10:

Hi, im not an expert or anything, but user specific columns are different for every user. So it would be bad practice to make a choice table user specific, specially if the user enters the fields. You would only be able to see the fields that you entered on that specific account.

Hi Majestic!

Thnx for aswering

You are right!

That’s the idea, int the other hand, if user 1 use a filter, user 2 will see the same data but filtred.

That’s what i’m trying to avoid

The filters applied to a choice dropdown are a backend thing that you set up. Unless I’m mistaken, they cant be filtered in the actual app. If you give a detailed explanation of what you are trying to achieve, I could try to give you some advice.

It may be writing to a user specific column, but is there an attach row that already exists? If a screen is not attached to a row, then you will be unable to use any entry components because there is no row to update. Be sure to check for any Row Owners in the table as well as any screen filters you may have.

1 Like