Editable Template

I am creating a template in which signed-in users are able to edit text but the edit option is only available to signed in users. The content of the text is available to the public. I am not sure how to do this.

I think how you implement it depends on where/how you are trying to do it. Taking a card collection as an example you could set it like in the image below (and you could set the same condition for editing):

Some documentation from Glide that may help you are linked below.
Visibility Conditions | Glide Docs (glideapps.com)
Roles | Glide Docs (glideapps.com)

And if you have time I highly recommend the below YouTube channel from @Robert_Petitto, his guides helped me quickly understand many Glide concepts.
Robert Petitto - YouTube

1 Like

🫶🏼 Thanks for the shout out!

Another option if you don’t want to rely on Roles, is to simply add a condition that checks if the user profile email is not empty. When a user is signed in, the user profile will be linked to their user row, which should always have an email. If a user is not signed in, the user profile email will be empty because there is no user row to link to, and will prevent the edit option from showing.

1 Like

Thank you. This solution worked for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.