Drop Down Lists have a limit of 100 items

Is there a way to get around the 100 item limit for the drop down lists? Is it a pay more get more thing?

I have a list of more than 100 items that are each owned by one individual person. I want the app users to be able to select an item they want from the list but, as a drop down selection on a Form, they can only see the first 100 items. At the bottom of the list it suggests using the search feature to find the rest. The problem is that if you don’t know the item exists you can’t search for it. Also, the first 100 item owners are now special and the rest are being ignored.

I’ve tried saying that I want the row limit to be 1000 but that doesn’t change anything.

I have all of the items listed on another page that the user can browse but that’s an extra step or two for the user.

What kind of list are you using?.. is it a choice component?
You can use an inline list instead.

Yes, it’s a choice component.
I thought about using Radio Buttons but the selection (for this item) is the first of 5 things so the other 4 things would be waaaay down the list at the bottom… and they would be drop down choices. It’s nice and neat if they are all Drop Down lists.

You can open a list in the slide-in window… that’s what I do…

Check my example… click the language button to get the choices:

I don’t think I can do that.
The 5 choices that the user is making are already on a slide in action screen - so that would be a slide in action target on a slide in action target. I think I would have to use a button for the selection then because I don’t think any other option would have an action item available… if that makes sense.

I guess I could have it run the first selection as you’ve done it and then have an “on submit” action that takes them to the rest of the choices. But again, that’s kinda clunky.

I can’t think of any other solution to display more than 100 choices… the inline list is the only one. Try to redesign your UI… if you are on the business plan or using the Classic App… you can use CSS to modify elements to make them look better.

@Perry please share the screenshot of how your form looks like?

I’ve removed one of the choices so that there are only four selections to make but the Track choice drop down is the one I’m having trouble with. It’s actually even worse on a phone because when the “search bar” is enabled the keyboard takes up a huge chunk of screen real estate.

The "create a race button is how it starts. The second image is the form screen, and the last image is what it looks like when I’m trying to choose something. That’s the list that’s limited to 100 items that I’m worried about.

I thought about that but unfortunately I’m on the poor person plan. lol

If you use inline list, you can disable the search bar… and since you are alrady on the slide in window… just have visibility on and off that list… so when you click the button, list will apear under, like a dropdown list… i think that will be exactly what you’re looking for