Double posts...?

What if you increment a user-specific column as the first step of the action, then hide the button based on that user-specific value. Those should be instant and the button itself should change its visibility very quickly.

yes it works :slight_smile:

I set the variable to 1 to hide the button, and at the end of the action I reset it to the initial value.
This way the button cannot be pressed multiple times in the time it performs all the action.

1 Like

Hello,
Yesterday worked fine, today is another history, even with that Unique value Column as your suggestion @kyleheney the annoying duplication is happening again. Since my case is just a normal form button I will try that @Fabio_Leanzi solution using actions instead. The doubt is about this variable to 1, could you please show again?
Thanks

This has to be my #1 request.

+1

Going through same problem

Is the problem here that it’s possible to tap a button multiple times, or that if the button is tapped only once, more than one row is added? If it’s the latter, can any of you reproduce that yourselves, or does it only happen when somebody else uses the app?

When submitting the form button, it would create two posts. So, in actions I removed “add row” action.
Seems to fix the problem

That sounds like it was a self-inflicted problem.
If you’re using the native Glide form, it will already add a new row.
If you then configure another ‘Add Row’ on form submit, then you will have two rows.

3 Likes

Yes thats correct. I figured it out after removing row part

@Silvio_Rebelo Could you please share a support link to your app?

Yes I will do, Thanks @Mark
https://go.glideapps.com/support/85b622d9-3ddb-401d-a663-65103145694a

@Silvio_Rebelo Where in the app do I find the form that adds to “Projetos”?

Categorias > Novo Projeto

As Adm actually

That form has an “Add Row” action as its On Submit action. That will add another row.

Yes Mark I see, My fault.
But new project shouldn’t be a “new row”?

Sorry, I don’t understand. The “Submit” button of the form adds a row, and your “On Submit” action adds another row.

Alright, I see. Thanks for you care and support.
As a suggestion, is it possible to get more alerts in Glide to avoid this kind of things?
Example: was an error in other tab, that I discovered (by chance) that the name was in lowercase and the correct should be Uppercase, maybe an alert could help. Just an Idea,
Thanks again

1 Like