Disappointed in glide HELP đŸ˜„đŸ˜„đŸ˜„đŸ˜„

HELP, I was pro that when I bought it it said unlimited editions, now I block all my clients because they are no longer unlimited but only 10,000 editions.
I consider this type of change to be disrespectful and too risky for our businesses, one budgets for what initially glide offered, 32 usd for unlimited updates, and in this way the business was done with our clients, they were offered plans $32 for unlimited updates, now they won’t be interested in paying $99 a month to store their data. this has caused a madness in my company, at this moment everyone is very angry without applications and we do not know what to do because the solutions do not meet our needs. TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED by this.
Please, if someone can help us find the best solution, I would appreciate it because:

1. This can generate the economic bankruptcy of our company since the clients are going to demand the return of the monies paid and it is impossible for us to do so.
  2. Right now they are unable to work on something they trusted and now they don’t know what to do with their clients on top of them without being able to perform their daily tasks.
  3. It is not possible to tell them to wait 28 days or 2 days for them to give us a solution, that would lead to possible lawsuits and charges for damages that our company is not in a position to resist.
    For this reason, in the most cordial way, I come to you to see how you can help us solve these problems in the best way, since it is impossible to continue working with glide and start looking for other platforms that give us more long-term guarantees. .
    It is important to clarify that it is not only changing the platform but also the problems, demands, charges for damages caused that this can generate.
    Please give us a hand and be able to get out of this as soon as possible.
    Thank you very much for your help :pray::pray::pray:

NO ME REFIERO A APLICACIONES ILIMITADAS, me refiero a ediciones ilimitadas , es mas en este momento si entra unoa glide con una nueva cuenta ahi aparece 32 dolares ediciones ilimitadas

There was never a plan for 32 for UNLIMITED apps. It was 32 per app.
Today, for 99 you can have unlimited apps. So if you’re re-selling access to apps you’re building, you got a better deal now than before!

2 Likes

this screenshot is today friday august 5th at 2:27pm, there it clearly says PRO PLAN, unlimited editions, it is still on the official glide page that the 32 dollar plan is for UNLIMITED EDITIONS, at no time am I talking about unlimited apps
WhatsApp Image 2022-08-05 at 10.48.10 AM

la idea es poder contar con su apoyo y me guien como puedo solucionar este inconveniente, debido a las consecuencias que estamos sufriendo en este momento. mil gracias por su colaboracion, estamos desesperados con los clientes encima llamando preguntandonos por que solucion les vamos a dar🙏

So you’re saying that your client uses glide SO MUCH that they have more than 10k updates per month, and they can’t upgrade to the business plan?
Have you thought about re-building the app in glide tables in order to reduce your update count?

if that’s what we’re thinking, the problem is that right now everyone is unable to work and that’s going to require a few days of work, because we have to restart the project from scratch, I don’t know if there’s another way, at least it gives us time to that they can continue working and we can start with that work of redesigning the app.

the other option would be to do it on another platform, which we don’t want, we are trying to find a solution through glide, since we have found it very practical to manage the information. This would take time, money, but it would be the only option left to us :pensive:

please help :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Why don’t you temporarily upgrade to Business while you rebuild in Glide Tables?

on a separate note, you really think 10k updates per month is a big number?
to be fair, for many app builders Glide brings more value than it charges
but 10k is not a big number by any means. try using multiple choice filters or user specific columns to edit screen layouts or maybe an increment button
 you’ll hit 10k in 10 days.

we are an ecommerce startup and we hit 10k every 5 days.

There’s no answer to that, because it’s relative.
We have a lot of clients who use Glide heavily, and only one of them is about to hit the 10k limit.
In my experience, businesses with less than 15 people using Glide stay in the PRO plan, otherwise they’d need the business plan.

Of course, the issue here is localization of pricing
 249/mo might be ok to pay for a US business but impossible for an Argentinian business today, for example.

2 Likes

very important point. I was planning to create an app for sister in law in Syria. She is a French teacher. Her monthly salary is $28

we are maybe less than 10 active users, but have already gone business and purchased 45k updates in advance and cut the app features by 50% and cut many future updates or ideas on the app, and will still probably hit 70k by end of month

Food for thought
 Updates cost Glide money per update. I don’t know what those costs are, but if their expenses become greater than income, then we no longer have Glide to use because they will become bankrupt. Yes, I have used user specific columns a lot for navigation purposes and for custom forms, so I may have to rethink my apps workflow in the future, but glide has also mentioned that they may need to think about more tab style navigation and workflow features that don’t require the use of user specific columns, so I do forsee something like that coming down the pipeline, which would greatly reduce update counts for some people.

3 Likes

this is what I’m afraid of when there is an update on the price and contents of the subscription package.
and now it’s really happening.
At first I thought it was the same with $32 it was very helpful but it turned out that what was displayed was the old price that was no longer valid.

I’d rather design a glideapp template and sell it than become a partner.

1 Like

good to all thank you for your comments, I have not yet been able to find a definitive solution. there is another problem that I consider delicate. Nothing guarantees me that today I will buy a Business plan and tomorrow the glide conditions will also change. You’re not sure what you’re buying and that’s how it’s hard as a developer to work, today it’s one thing tomorrow another. Time and effort is dedicated to the development of an app thinking the conditions are one and then they change absolutely everything. I’m not saying that you want everything for free, precisely you are paying for a pro plan because it was said they were unlimited editions and one based on it. now the conditions change and everything one does falls to the ground. Zero is not only redesigning the apps, or redoing them, it is also one of having a platform security that guarantees stability, but every week we will have to be redesigning them and that would be a very difficult wear to sustain.

1 Like

We generally let people keep their subscriptions for YEARS after we introduce new pricing—we have thousands of customers on plans we changed in September 2021. In fact, it looks like your account still has access to our previous plans, with fixed-priced apps with unlimited updates.

If you are asking us not to change pricing before you buy Glide, that we cannot guarantee!

1 Like

Hi David, thanks for replying.
When I bought the plans for some apps from some companies, it said that the pro plan was unlimited in editions, and so far if you go to glide it appears unlimited. I would like to continue working on glide but the truth is that it is difficult if there are no guarantees. I say this because one cannot tell a client today it is free and after a month they already have to pay and possibly the next month now it costs twice as much, that would be unsustainable since our clients are small companies that possibly have many transactions but with very high values. little ones.
my account was upgraded to a pro plan and with 10,000 editions it collapsed and all of them were blocked, even the trial ones, leaving customers who already have their apps running blocked.
That generated too many problems for me that I am currently trying to solve and they are not easy.
I repeat, it is not my intention to switch to another platform, but as a result of this, I have to study how to use another that guarantees me a little more that these policies do not change so drastically.
I spend my money creating other profiles, mounting other applications again and paying again independently for pro plans, while I see what definitive solution I give to this.
As a constructive criticism, I believe that policies cannot be applied in this way because behind all this there are many companies with apps already working that trusted our word and now we have all been told that everything has changed and nobody has liked that.
We got to the point that some clients asked us to return their money and for small companies like ours it is leading us to a great crisis.
I hope you take this into account since it really is not an easy situation for us.
Thank you so much for your attention
at the moment we canceled the pro plans of my account and we are in the free plan, since that plan to which glide passed us is not viable for us

Switch to google app, is free
 and for $12 a month you get 500,000 updates a day

tardes uzo cual es esa??? me puedes indicar si eres tan amable

Google web app, it looks like you need something fast, and reliable with many edits
 but you need to know how to code GAS and HTML

Buenas tardes DAVID, quiero suplicarle me concedan una videollamada con alguien que habla español, ha sido imposible poderla realizar, he estado en las horas y dias que me han dicho debo estar para la videollamada con alguien que hable español, solicito el link 1 hora antes para poderme comunicar y nadie me responde y espeus que pasa la hora de la cita me dicen que no estuve presente en la video llamada. Represento un grupo de pequeños desarrolladore de latinoamerica, que queremos seguir trabajando con glide, pero tenemos demasiadas dudas y no hemos recibido respuesta alguna, simplemente un dia nos dan un plan al otro dia nos cambian las reglas a otro plan y asi nos la pasamos dia a dia. la incertidumbre es constante, no sabemos que va a pasar al dia siguiente con los pequeños desarrollos que tensmos con glide y es dificil para nosotros cuando nos dicen simplemente lo toma o lo deja, creo asi no debe ser,lo correcto seria primero nos atendieran, escucharan, nos aclararan varias dudas que tenemos de glide para nosotros poder tomar una decision al respecto. LE SUPLICO, porfa nos concedan una cita en meet o por el canal que ustedes consideren viable para poder solucionar de manera definitiva nuestros inconvenientes. quedo atendo a su respuesta, mil gracias.