Desktop version different than mobile one

It would be great to have a desktop-adapted version in addition to the two existing ones for iPhone/Android.

7 Likes

I’d love to see this too! Currently building a workplace directory, but not everyone wants to put work stuff on their personal device.

2 Likes

You can do this easily. Check out the video (and thanks for the tip on Loom)

1 Like

I think they may have been referring to a web based full screen version

6 Likes

+1!

2 Likes

Maybe so, but this addresses the initial concern of not adding “work stuff on their personal device”. I use a different app on my desktop daily. It’s not the best solution, but it’s the one that’s available now.

@JackVaughan, @david, and @Mark, is there a timeline on this? I know I would definitely benefit from a desktop/landscape view of my apps, even more so, my end-users.

2 Likes

We can’t give you a timeline on that at this point, sorry.

1 Like

+1
Totally agree. It could be a very nice add value for PRO version

2 Likes

verdade, concordo

Im going to assume that this is not on the list of things to do with glide. Any feedback about if this is a thing or not. Need to know so I wont wait around for it.

1 Like

I agree. I think the request is important enough to have information about it

We are actively working on something, but we still can’t give you a timeline for when/if we’ll ship it.

6 Likes

Would also love this feature! if you turn your phone sideways, the app renders in “landscape” orientation. I think something as simple as this on a desktop would make a lot of users happy as a more advanced solution is being developed.

4 Likes

The “portrait” orientation of the same app for reference