'description' on cards doesn't work

I don’t know if this is a bug or purposeful but if my container has an ‘image’ background with a card, the description does NOT show up on the card label:

If I switch to a different container effect it works:

It even works on a grid view even though you can’t read text with a background image while it’s not in a card

Any know if there’s a reason for this?

What if you highlight it, whether the object is there or not?

1 Like

it works with highlight, just not image background, and that’s what i really wanted!

If you try several alternative settings in settings-appearance, you will find various strange appearances happening again. Not appearing doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. In your case, it’s a text color issue. If you try different setting adjustments, the background color of the card becomes transparent instead. In my opinion, this is a bug.

@NoCodeAndy, can you help with this case?

ohhh you meant highlight in settings, i thought you meant highlight in the container options!

you’re right though, neutral card setting:

highlight card setting:

There should def not be a white text setting with a card option that has a white background!

I was just asking to confirm that the way you highlight the text where you put a question mark indicates that the object is present but just not visible due to a color issue.
After trying again, I found even more anomalies, caused by differences in the appearance settings. This is a bug.

Escalated this to the team. Thanks for tagging me!

3 Likes