Deleting Glide Tables

Is there a way to delete unused Glide tables?

I’ve been using them a lot, to the point where I’ll often create a “throwaway” table just to quickly test something. It’s gotten to the point now where if I try and link an existing glide table, I get a huge list that extends beyond the boundaries of my screen and isn’t scrollable.

In order to see the full list, I need to zoom out several levels, and then the table names become almost unreadable.

I’d really like to be able to do some housekeeping and clean out those I don’t use/need, but I can’t see a way to do that?

3 Likes

@Darren_Murphy I removed them using ‘unlink’ to delete glide tables

https://docs.glideapps.com/all/reference/data-editor/glide-tables

1 Like

Unlink removes the table from your app, but it doesn’t delete the table.

2 Likes

As of now I don’t think there’s a way.

3 Likes

Ya, I’ve copied and app to do some testing and it’s made a real mess of my glide tables list. Hopefully there is a way to manage them eventually.

2 Likes

Hi, I have the same problem with testing glide tables and now when I really need them, I couldn’t move up and down the list to find “Link Table” Button. Is there any update on this issue? Can someone advise me please :pray:

Staging has the ability to delete glide tables, so eventually we will get it in the production glide builder.

You may have to zoom out to get to all of your tables.

2 Likes

Yikes! Clearly we need to make it easier to manage these. One idea we have is to show your Glide tables at the Team level (outside of any app).

7 Likes

I already tried to zoom out but still not working. I guess the lists are too long. Now I just use function Importrange to work around it instead. But I look forward to use Glide Table in the future :slight_smile: Thank you

1 Like

Do I understand correctly, there is currently no way to delete unused tables? Often these tables have the same name and it makes it very difficult to find the right table. The ability to manage tables (delete it) would solve this problem.

1 Like

Not the last time I looked.
And, agreed.

4 Likes

Fast-forward one year (plus).
Any news on where we can locate these “free floating” Glide tables?

@Test_Test yes, you’ll see them when linking a Glide Table to your app.

Thanks David. I was able to see them as you say.
It seems that no matter what we do with a Glide table (unlink, duplicate, export), it won’t effect the computed columns. This means that we only get the barebones/skeleton table of columns with data that isn’t computed. It might be just me, but in many cases I find this skeleton table to be almost irrelevant without these computed columns. In other words, most of the columns I use are computed. The fact that these columns can only live inside one specific table is rather challenging. In the past I gave the example of components. These are copied between screen, even if they point towards a column that doesn’t exist on the source of this new screen. Would be great to have something similar with computed columns.

Yes, we eventually want to share computed columns too! It’s a difficult design challenge.

3 Likes

Is it possible to delete google sheets that I no longer need in my glide project? For some reason I have an option to delete a table native to Glide, but I am not able to delete a google sheet.

Here’s the option I get when I right click the google sheet on the left hand side of my screen:

Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 5.33.57 PM

When I right click a glide table I get options such as “Unlink, Duplicate, Delete, Export”
Shouldn’t there be an option to “Delete” and “Unlink” for the google sheet as well?

Just open the Google sheet and delete the sheet tab you don’t want anymore.

1 Like