Date Formats

Google sheet locale Australia so default date format is international. Dates appear correctly in the Google sheet. In Glide table they are USA format. I cant find a setting for my location or date format. How do I fix this???

When you say international format, I assume you mean YYYY-MM-DD? (eg. ISO8601)

Check your browser language settings. I know that Chrome will always default to English (US) in English speaking countries, which affects date formatting. Changing that to English (UK) or English (Australia) may resolve the issue for you.

1 Like

International format is DD-MM-YY or similar. the order is the issue.

It’s not a browser problem. It displays correctly in Google sheets but incorrectly in glide both in data and layout views. Should default to the google sheet format like all other formats e.g. numeric etc

Did you try my suggestion?

Glide pays no attention to any formatting in your Google Sheet, it only looks at the raw values. What you see in the Glide Data Editor is determined by your browser settings.
I had the same problem a while back, and changing the language order to put English (Australia) at the top resolved it.

ps. nah, DD-MM-YYYY is not international format. But don’t take my word for it, Google it.

1 Like

I am in a DD-MM-YYYY country but I am too used to YYYY-MM-DD these days.

1 Like

I checked the browser (Edge) settings and was set to Australian English so date format should be dd/mm/yyyy by default … but still displays as mm/dd/yyyy

So … tried in Chrome and date format is correct dd/mm/yyyy

Seems not to work in Edge correctly is the problem. GRRRRR!!!

I wouldn’t get too hung up about it. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter what format you use in the builder/data editor, as dates will appear to individual users of your App formatted according to their own device/browser settings.

If readability in the builder is an issue, configure your date columns to use medium or long display format instead of short.

Thanks Darren

I always find it interesting how the biggest software companies in the world still think everyone lives in the USA. Despite my locality / time zone being set to Australia they default to USA English. And the avearge user has no idea this happening.

1 Like

oh yes, I could go on about this one for hours. This has caused me a world of pain over the years. I’m also an Aussie, but as far as I’m concerned there is only one sensible Date format, which is yyyy-mm-dd. Everything else is an abomination and must die.

1 Like