Data disconnect between builder and user apps - anyone else experiencing?

Describe the bug:

• When previewing the app as a user within the builder, any changes made to data using an action are not reflected on the user’s device and disappear/are erased when the builder is refreshed. When the same data is edited directly in the data table vs. with a button and action, the edit is reflected on the user’s device and appears to be permanent. This seems to only be happening on tables where row owners are enabled. That said, when editing data directly in a user specific column within the builder (regardless of row owners being enabled), refreshing the builder will erase edits.

Expected behavior:

• Data changed within the builder should be reflected on user’s devices when previewing the app as that user.

How to replicate:
(this is what I did to check that it wasn’t something weird with only one table)

• Create a new table and add several rows of data, with one column as a row owner
  • Add a list component from created table with button on detail screen that clears value in data column.
  • Preview the app as the user who is the row owner and press the button to clear data
  • Refresh the app in the builder and the data is there again
1 Like

How about when you perform the action in the app itself on a user device, it is working correctly?

Yep!

So it seems your app is working fine. The bug you are reporting happens, it’s annoying for quality assurance but normally it shouldn’t affect the user experience of the app in production.

1 Like

Yeah, app works fine, coming from a quality assurance perspective. Is this something that will be resolved / start working normally again?

Hello,

Im currently experiencing something related…
My inline lists filter data perfectly in builder, but not with the app. Same user email address.
The table concerned have no row owner columns.

I’ve been battling this bug for over a month now without being able to pin where an issue actually is. I’m finally seeing that data saved to glide tables by an action, aren’t being synced to google. Then you have a case of data being out of sync and causing a cascade of issues.

This is basically rendering my app useless until glide fixes the bug, or until I rewrite the entire app without using google, which if it’s even possible, would be months of work.