Daily cafeteria menu

I’m trying to add a section to my app that will list what is available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day in our school cafeteria. I created a tab in my Google Sheet with columns for date, meal (breakfast, lunch, or dinner), item, and description. I’d like to output the data in the app in the following format:

Day (or date)
Breakfast
–Item 1
----Description
–Item 2
----Description
–Item 3
----Description

Lunch
–Item 1
----Description
–Item 2
----Description
–Item 3
----Description

Dinner
–Item 1
----Description
–Item 2
----Description
–Item 3
----Description

The calendar layout gets me the closest to what I’m trying to create but it comes out a bit cluttered looking because it shows the date and time before each meal item. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I could best setup that layout?

Building Rich Text in a cell comes to mind. You would concatenate text, using simple &'s, from other columns, adding spaces and/or CHAR(10) for linefeeds. It would sort of depend on how the meal information is typed in and if it comes from some kind of canned list of items or menus that repeat.

Maybe markdown in a table format would get you want you want. Here’s a post from a different thread that provides a couple of links to other examples. I use tables a bit in my app to get the results I want.

1 Like

Thanks guys! I’ll give these a try.