Cropped app icon when adding to home screen (iPhone)

Hey,
I moved this app from a Free Legacy plan to a new Free plan and now the app icon appears to be cut (on Legacy works fine) when I try to add to the home screen on the iPhone, as if it is not set to fill the area. Is it a bug, maybe?

See images for context:

1 Like

I have the similar problem.
When try to add to home screen, the icon image is cropped.
Icon shows only the upper left part of the whole image.

im not sure about the plan…

1 Like

Yeah, same problem ;( I tried on a different phone but nothing changes

1 Like

My icon was displaying nicely before i upgraded, now its all over the place. I have added a splash screen but i didn’t upload a logo or a sign in logo. Whats the easiest way to solve this. Because my Icon is now displaying really badly on iphone and android, the splashscreen is fine. What is the optimum size for icons and logo’s. Anyone know what could be the problem? Also are there specific sizes for the backing/splashscreen?

1 Like

Can you show us an example of the behaviour (with screenshots)? Thank you.

@ToOFa_Apps I moved your topic here since I believe it’s the same problem.

2 Likes

@NoCodeAndy @tristan Here’s a bug report.

all fine

all fine

all fine

all fine

now the icon does this
A247ED23-0B5C-4514-8DE0-C327E6D699C5_4_5005_c
home screen icon does this

This icon randomly appears in the backing pic, not meant to be there (this is the loading screen)

2 Likes

Hi, I am trying to fit the fav icon on the app but it doesnt seem right.
Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 11.12.24

And here is the original logo

1 Like

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Having same issue here

1 Like

Has anyone found a solution?

Looks to be a bug that needs to be fixed and not some workaround.

1 Like

this is happening to me as well (Android)… earlier this week it was fine when I shared the link. It looked like this:

But suddenly now it looks like this:

I’ve tried resizing but nothing is working. I’ve been seeing a lot of bugs this week. :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve tried resizing it too, it doesn’t work. The funny thing is that it was working completely fine 2 days ago, the icon was being properly sized.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s a bug. Not much we can do until Glide fixes it.

3 Likes

Any news on this topic? My app icon is still not properly working.

No news, but it has been brought up to Glide staff a few times, so they should be aware.

Hello guys, I have unpublished the app, published back again and it worked! It solved the problem with the app icon.

Also, another thing that I did while the app was unpublished was that I enabled the latest version of Glide apps on Settings.

So, I’m not really sure which of the actions solved it.

2 Likes

No luck for me, i tried all that but it didn’t work

This seems to be fixed now, i’m not sure if the bug was fixed from the backend or if it was the two steps listed above (unpublish > publish & settings > latest version) but everything is displaying fine now. Thanks team👍

1 Like