Connecting to Google Forms

Have anyone connected Glide from results to the same sheet of Google form results, to have data from both in one sheet?

1 Like

I think you just point the google form to the same sheet you use for glideapp. Then you would have the replies coming into the same place your app gets its data from.

2 Likes

@Phil is correct. The replies would just be a tab sheet in your overall Google spreadsheet.

1 Like

@Phil @George_B thanks

I did this with one of mine during testing and it worked great. I made the form first, connected it to the sheet. Then go in and fill out a form and it will generate an actual page. Once that is done, you’ll have an actual sheet to add to Glide. I would caution though that if you are looking for a more user friendly and appealing form, id look into which ones are in Zapier and use one of those. The data will still connect and it will look prettier.

2 Likes

Automatic updates
Hello,

Very new to Glide and just done viewing basic videos, tested the app, and, in particular, just finished “Build an Employee Directory with Glide | Glide Apps Tutorial” for a longer overview.

Prior to coming upon Glide, I have previously set up a Google Forms questionnaire with a couple of questions under 5 sections or so. All submissions, as we know, go into its own “Responses” spreadsheet which I used as a test sheet on Glide.

My questions are:

1. Does it mean that when a new Google Forms is submitted and all data goes into the “Responses” sheet (which, in turn, is the base data spreadsheet of the Glide I made), that it also updates the App automatically, or do I have to check back into Glide and refresh the data manually as in the video?;

2. Assuming I have done all the design and layout, relationships, etc., is there a way to do the updating automatically on Glide?

Off-tangent questions related to Google Forms and Glide:
3. Being that Zapier was mentioned, is there an Autonate.io integration?

1. Could an AirTable sheet be used as a base sheet?

Thank you very much for your time.
Do let me know if some questions here should properly be under a different topic.

Cheers.

/k

Hi, regarding the 1st and 2nd questions, it takes sometime for Google to push the data to Glide on free plan whenever there’s a new update (via Forms). You can get your app refresh in the background using the Pro plan, which updates faster than the Free one.

Regarding AirTable, you can read the thread here:

1 Like

Hi, @ThinhDinh
Appreciate your quick response.
I gather you mean that the data does get updated on Glide on either free or Pro without me/The Creator/Owner having to refresh manually? That sounds very helpful and positive, thank you.

I will have a look at the AirTable thread, thanks again.

Cheers.

/k

1 Like

Yes it gets updated automatically but the time it takes to update depends on your plan.