Welcome back to your weekly community update!
We have a whack of improvements to the data editor; some new apps waiting on community feedback; and a handful of headlines worth your time.
Let’s jump in.
- Big update for the Data editor with several UI/UX improvements
- Fixed residual UI issues from the Data editor upgrade
- Right-clicking column headers no longer triggers your browser’s context menu
- Updates no longer “get stuck” if Excel briefly returns authentication errors
- Disabled “includes/is included” operators for JSON
- Null JSON values are now considered empty, so “is empty” or “is not empty” checks will perform as expected
- Rollup over queries with Limit now work for Big Tables and SQL data sources
Layout & components
- Fixed cases where components wouldn’t duplicate (paste) properly
- New keyboard shortcuts for the Notes component:
- Shift + Space inserts four spaces (tab)
- Command + Period (Mac) toggles the bulleted list
- Control + Period (Windows) toggles the bulleted list
- Are you an IT pro? Apply to join the Glide for IT group
- Introducing The Column, our redesigned Glide blog
- Build a custom IT help desk in our first build-along session
- @eltintero shows us how to add AI search to a Glide app
- @Simon_Hill shared HenPekk, a mobile app for healthier relationships
- @nixkulinax and @Bio_Sam shared Sol-A, a personal productivity app
- @Robert_Petitto shared a complete walkthrough to the Chat component