August recap, weekend maintenance, and more

Hello Gliders,

Welcome to September!

The team was keeping very busy in August, so if you’re just settling back in and need to catch up, here are some big things you should know about:

Also…

Weekend maintenance this Sunday, September 8th :rotating_light:

Glide will undergo scheduled maintenance for approximately 10-15 minutes this upcoming Sunday, September 8th at 11:00am PT / 2:00pm ET.

Glide apps and the Glide builder will be temporarily unavailable during this maintenance window. Anyone who tries to access Glide or a Glide app will see a temporary maintenance message.

New Glide features, fixes, and updates :star2:

• The Table and Data Grid components now let you bind columns from the current row as column headers
  • Glide now returns an error when a Set Columns action fails due to the destination table not loading in a timely manner
  • Glide API request errors now contain more specific details
  • New CSV to JSON computation converts CSV to JSON in one step
  • Fixed a bug with source selection on Query columns
  • Fixed an issue with Table filter badges when not using queryable data sources (++ cleaned up the filter badge appearance)
  • Initial release of the Optimize Image action, see related forum thread
  • Improved the new AI component with smarter default values when it’s not connected to data columns
  • Handful of improvements to our billing system, e.g. not showing a “Next Bill Date” when there is no upcoming bill
  • Fixed a bug with action configuration in the layout editor showing the table for the containing screen, instead of the table displayed in the collection
    • Removed inline templating from the data editor
  • Inline templating can now reference user profile values
  • Inline templating in action workflows can now reference prior workflow steps
  • Actions than can only be used in action workflows have been removed from the layout editor, e.g. If-Then-Else, Rollups, Make Array, etc.
  • The Glide builder now shows a notification for exceeding row usage limits

From the community :raised_hands:

Have something to add?

P.S. Don’t forget to follow and tag Glide on YouTube, LinkedIn, and X. :metal:

11 Likes

That’s big. Thanks for the great work!

2 Likes

Nice tool but where can I find it?

Thanks!

1 Like

Screenshot_20240905-200806

4 Likes

Hola Jeff!

Can you test from your side if the CSV to JSON tool works?

I can’t receive any data in my tests.

Thanks

Tried it out and I’m not sure if I’m missing something either. Didn’t seem to produce any results for me.

1 Like

I turned on and off inline templating preview because I could not use my column data (no way to reference the column, I could only use the inline). Is this what you mean by removed inline templating? Or is there a different column type?

Thanks