Chrome refresh every 10 minutes in Builder

For about a month, when I build in Glide while in Chrome, my screen is refreshing every 10 minutes - it is very regular and super-annoying and it doesn’t refresh during any other activity in Chrome. I have moved to working in Safari where it never happens. Has anyone else had this issue and figured out how to resolve it? Chrome is up to date and I’m fine in Safari but would really like this to stop happening. Thx.

2 Likes

It has happened to me a few times today (I cannot say whether it’s every 10 minutes because my work sessions today have not been drawn out).

I believe the team was aware of this last week, and @Lucas_Pires reported this again today. Will let you know if the team has any updates.

2 Likes

Agreed - same here. Glad the team is looking into this!

Yes, this has been happening with some frequency, back and forth, but I have already spoken with the support team and they are already aware of this problem and are trying to fix it as soon as possible.

cc @SantiagoPerez @Jason

Using Incognito/ private tab seems to prevent the refresh issue for now.

I’m not sure but it might be related to a “battery saving” feature, that could be an area worth looking into. I’m going to check all of my chrome settings, I have disabled all of the plug-ins and that hasn’t made a difference.

The team is working on a fix for this. Thanks for your patience!

4 Likes

Any news? I have been re-designing all day, and my builder has refreshed at least two dozen times (at the most inconvenient times!).

It’s been a while since I’ve done drawn-out editing sessions, but nearing release and I have a lot to do.

I confirm having the same issue

1 Like

It seemed to be better for awhile but was full-on yesterday while i was trying to build.

1 Like

UPDATE:

Today I have two sessions open on two monitors.

One has a copy of my app.

One is the app I am modifying.

The builder will refresh on the copy, although I am not currently doing anything with it.

About 15-20 seconds later, the builder refreshes on the app I am modifying.

So it seems pretty consistent (not as random as I expected).

Yeah, mine seems to be consistently every 10 minutes when it happens, but it will also go for stretches of time just fine without refreshing. I can’t figure out what is different.

My understanding is that whenever Glide push an update to the back end (ie. a deployment), all connected builder sessions will be forced to refresh. So that might be the explanation in this case.

That could be but it seems too frequent to be updates and too evenly spaced apart.

And it seems to me that I’ve seen threads where Glide is discussing that their engineers are looking into how to fix this.

yeah, for sure. I wasn’t trying to suggest that updates are wholly responsible. There is definitely an issue there, and Glide Engineering have acknowledged that.

1 Like