Choice component with images

There are so many possible use cases from different games to e-commerce!
In my specific case (e-commerce), I would like to offer the buyer a number of additional products right in the cart. It’s like the “last-minute purchase” in front of the cash register in a regular supermarket.
Or, in another section of our application, we have a block of online orders for restaurants, and we could provide the client with the opportunity to choose some toppings and sauces from simple “talking” images instead of boring lines of text.
From a UX perspective, every time I can change text to an image, I would like to do this.

It would also be nice if, depending on the settings, you could choose not only a single choice but multiple options as well.
Let’s say you have a gallery of images from columns 1,2,3 and in the same order, you could write data to a range of columns …

2 Likes

Wow interesting.
How does it work?
I am building an app and I would like users can upload their avatar or choose from a selection of images provided by the app.
Thanks

Gio

1 Like

Can you do this inside a form?

Hola @Sandro_Brito, unfortunately a dynamic relation doesn’t work in a Form.

You can do it outside and later, when all choices/data is collected, write it to GS by using a Form, it´s the workaround so far.

@GioRinaldi , the logo is showed based on the user selection so, I’m using a relation/lookup to find the right logo dynamically.

Saludos

2 Likes

Thank you. This is why we need the choice component to be at least like the list components.

2 Likes

@Naos_Wilbrink would the image selection shown in the first tab (Single images) of this app help to bring you closer to a solution?

From this thread:

1 Like

Hi Krivo! That looks pretty cool! What component did you use?

@Naos_Wilbrink well just two inline lists with increment action. I made a template app which can be found in the mentioned thread if you want to look under the hood. There is a fair bit of things going on in order to make the increments work. Have a look if you like :grinning:

Definitely would be awesome!

Thanks , nice
How does this work?

Yep! I do this here:

and here

Not as easy as a simple choice component, but gets the job done!

3 Likes

Great idea Robert, I was thinking about it 2 days ago but I couldn’t find the way to know which was the latest changed item. Now watching your video I see my missing piece: the maximum value using a rollup!

Te odio Robert! :rofl:

1 Like

¿Te odio también?

Acutualmente, fue @Lucas_Pires que tuvo la solución.

4 Likes

so… los odio a los 2!! :rofl:

I like the simple ideas to solve an unexpected problem on the way! Brilliant minds make a simple solution something universal.

Feliz día!

3 Likes

Thanks for the video. For some reason I am unable to rollup the max for ifHighest column. I am only allowed to count and count unique

You’ll need to make sure the column you’re rolling up is a number column.

Thank you so much! I totally spaced. I really appreciate you. I’ve been watching your Gamify Your App videos. You are a great teacher!

Actually, I am still confused. At 2:36 are you not rolling up an if/then column?

Which video are you referring to?

The video under Multirow Choice Component to avoid form button when using images as selector